GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
GMC & IROC-Z
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I had my python alarm/start installed at circuit shitty and the lazy ass installer didnt mount my led or valet switch. He busted my fuse box cover and left the led and the valet switch zip tied to the park brake release, and told me that is what they are instructed to do. Stooopid manager agreed, "we dont drill holes in customers vehicles." Anyway, if anyone has a good location of where to mount these, please let me know. Thanks

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
letting us know what year make and model you have would help.
My valet is in the pocket under the dash and my LED is recessed in the blank next to the airbag cutoff switch

·
Registered
39 Posts
i put mine in the inside fuse box area. then i mounted 2 leds in the pillars
the switch on the left is for my remote start and the button on the right is valet.

valet.jpg

ltled.jpg

rtled.jpg

ledson.jpg

ledondk.jpg

·
GMC & IROC-Z
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input, the fuse box is definetly a great place. BTW it is a 02 GMC 1500. Where by the airbag light?? The little lower panel?

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
I meant use the airbag switch (where you turn the key) as your valet switch- airbag on= valet off, airbag off- valet on.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I meant use the airbag switch (where you turn the key) as your valet switch- airbag on= valet off, airbag off- valet on.
then you would have to have 2 keys. most alarms require you to press the valet button (momentary) with the ignition in the on position to put into valet mode.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts