GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought that the rear led long light strip for the back of my Denali would look sweet. Only problem is, its for pickups so would it also work for me? If it will how would it look? Thanks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya thats exactly what I wanted to know! The guy told me it wouldn't work and now I can tell him it will with a couple of bolts. Thanks! Do you think its a good idea for my Denali? Thanks.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
i currently have one i havent installed, its in the plans someday, but they look very easy to modify. i dont see why it wont work on the SUV. just make sure your doors dont interfere.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll probably get on then. I'm not a big fan of drilling holes in my SUV but I think 2 little holes wouldn't be too bad in the plastic on my rear bumper. I think they look pretty sweet since they kinda look stock almost, and plus I will have one of the first SUV's around my area with one! :rocking: Does anyone have pics of it installed or how they went about putting it on?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can always try that but since its for an SUV, the bumper has a plastic lip on it that a pickup doesn't have I guess? This one website showed how to install it on a tahoe's bumper which is just like mine. Or do you think I could mount it in a way that 3m tape will hold it? Won't water loosen something like that?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What kind should I get? Is the "line of fire LED" a good one? Thats what they sell at www.stylinconepts.com I want half of it to blink with my turn signals and to come on when I use my brakes. How do I wire it and what size should I get 49" or 60"? I'm kinda lost if ya can't tell.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am gonna get the line of fire since it does all those things I found out. Only thing is i am kinda confused on how to wire it? If I pluged it into the trailer output it would show, and I want it hidden so if I wire it to the tailights is this hard and how should it be done so I don't ruin somethin? Does it have to be wired to both taillights? Ya I need some help.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
BigBadDenali said:
I am gonna get the line of fire since it does all those things I found out. Only thing is i am kinda confused on how to wire it? If I pluged it into the trailer output it would show, and I want it hidden so if I wire it to the tailights is this hard and how should it be done so I don't ruin somethin? Does it have to be wired to both taillights? Ya I need some help.
wire a 4 way plug into the trailer harness up under the truck. then plug the LOF into it. the wire colors on the 4way will match up to the ones in the 6 way.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I see what your saying so I should just cut the trailer wires under the truck and splice them back together with the LOF wires joined to them. I could still hook up a trailer and use the stock trailer plug though then right? A few people said to wire them to both rear tail lamps but your way seems easier and better since the wires won't be going all over the place! http://www.premiermotoring.net/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/suv_line_of_fire.html
This is the only pic I have to work from since this is what the back of my truck pretty much looks like, unlike the rear of a pickup. Keep the advice comin! Thankyou. J.V. :head:

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
BigBadDenali said:
I see what your saying so I should just cut the trailer wires under the truck and splice them back together with the LOF wires joined to them. I could still hook up a trailer and use the stock trailer plug though then right? A few people said to wire them to both rear tail lamps but your way seems easier and better since the wires won't be going all over the place! http://www.premiermotoring.net/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/suv_line_of_fire.html
This is the only pic I have to work from since this is what the back of my truck pretty much looks like, unlike the rear of a pickup. Keep the advice comin! Thankyou. J.V. :head:
yeah, looks good, get some T tap connectors though to tap into the trailer wires. dont cut and resplice.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry for being dumb but what are T connectors? I don't think i have ever seen them before? A link or a pic would probably explain it. Or just some explaining. :anitoof:

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
BigBadDenali said:
Sorry for being dumb but what are T connectors? I don't think i have ever seen them before? A link or a pic would probably explain it. Or just some explaining. :anitoof:
they wrap around the wire, and splice into it without leaving any exposed surface to cause a short. then you crimp a connector onto the wire you want in the circuit, and plug it into the T. most alarm installers use them. i dont have a pic tho.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the one from JC Whitney as well, and it is already installed on my silverado. It brightens with the brake light, and the left and right blinks with the blinkers too. It is only $96 from JC Whitney.com. I can post pics sometime if u like. The deal with the Denali is going to be if the opening is wide enough. The JCW one is 60" long so as long as you have a 60" gap in your tailgate and enough of a flat space to mount it, it should work fine.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey pics are my favorite way to read! Put up as many as possible. I think I know what your talking about now, so where can I buy some T connectors? You have to cut the rubber a little off the wire to make a connection though right? Hey X2elite how is yours wired? Some pics of the wiring would be great if possible. Thanks. :worship:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That looks great! Mostly because of that sweet truck. I hope mine works out for me. If you could further explain or show a pic of where you connected to wires to that would help out a great deal. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts