GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have a 2005 Silverado z71 crew cab since I got it over a year ago I have been changing many of the bulbs over to led but I’ve run into some issues
So far I have successfully replaced:
the reverse light bulbs with some very bright led bulbs with a project style lense on the bulb
The high/low beam and fog light bulbs with an eBay led kit
My running light bulbs with the same as the reverse light bulbs
License plate bulbs with leds
And all of the works great but I then decided to replace the interior lights as well as the cargo light bulbs and the brake light bulbs
The Sylvania led brake light bulbs were dimmer than the stock bulbs
The flashtech led cargo light bulbs were very dim however if you take one out and replace it with stock the stock and the one led light up bright
The flashtech led interior lights were iffy sometimes they would be a very soft and not very bright comparble to the old stock bulbs and then other times you open the door and it was like someone opened a portal to the sun and blinded everyone anywhere near the truck but if I turned the lights on with the gauge dimmer switch they were always really bright

Any ideas with my truck is doing this

·
Registered
1 Posts
well i see you never got a reply, I'm new here myself, but from what I've read other places, these trucks run the map and interior lights through the BCM, as you'll notice they're a 3 wire system, and with the battery rundown protection it puts them into "sleep mode" causing it to only give 2-3v to the light, and the LED doesn't pull enough power to "wake up" the BCM to allow it to give it 12v, hence the dim lights; so the fix is adding a diode inline on the BCM wire, only issue in having is finding an answer on WHAT diode to add.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts