GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ sɟɯb
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting to find some good quality LED's to replace the exterior incandescent bulbs. On recommendation from logan2575 I started of by purchasing (2) 3157 HyperWhite LED's from Brian and so far I'm completely satisfied.

I think you'll be able to tell which bulb is which.

LEDs1a.jpg

LEDs2.jpg

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
are they still as bright as they were before? also those lights that you added under the middle of the tailgate? were those hard to hook up and when do they light up?

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ sɟɯb
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
are they still as bright as they were before? also those lights that you added under the middle of the tailgate? were those hard to hook up and when do they light up?
I think they're as bright if not brighter. The lights below the tailgate is the factory LED bar from the Silverado/Sierra 3500. I have it spliced in to come on with my parking lights.

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ sɟɯb
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
you back up at night with them yet? hows that compared to stock? i cant see shit when im backing up, im gunna have to throw some small fogs out back or something

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ sɟɯb
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you back up at night with them yet? hows that compared to stock? i cant see shit when im backing up, im gunna have to throw some small fogs out back or something
Nah haven't driven with them yet but I don't think they'll help me. My rear glass is blacked out. I wouldn'y mind some type of lights for the rear if I could find something "sleek".

Maybe some PIAA Deno series?

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ sɟɯb
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't know whats up with Photobucket but my pics randomly alternate between pics and the PB URL.

·
Wambulance Driver
1,790 Posts
I really like those PIAA Deno series lights. Let us know how they work at night. I need some lights out back

·
OG
1,498 Posts
Looks good.

Here's some pics of mine at night:

HPIM0096-1.jpg

HPIM0097-1.jpg

HPIM0091.jpg

·
OG
1,498 Posts
What lights are those?
The backup lights are 1157 HyperWhite LEDs and the tails are Eurostar LED tails from slickcar.com

·
OG
1,498 Posts
so are they brighter than the stock bulbs, like actually better for backing up?
To me they are. I have clear lenses with red annodized backings, so for me they are really bright:

DSC01342.jpg

I just love the way they look :crazy:

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
To me they are. I have clear lenses with red annodized backings, so for me they are really bright:
I just love the way they look :crazy:
whats the name of the buyer on ebay that you get them from again? id order them from superbrightleds again but there like 11 bucks each there and i wanna get 4 bulbs

1 - 20 of 45 Posts