GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the LED conversion in my cluster and now most of them don't work, so I thought about tapping into the light wire (that way I can still dim them) and hard wiring some LED strips and glue them on the outer side of the cluster all the way around so the light is evenly spread out. Would this work? And if so what strip would you use.

·
Registered
242 Posts
did you use resistors with the leds? did you match up the positive leg of the led with the posistive side on the board? I am no expert but I have done quite a few led's and they are easy.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah did the resistors and made sure the +/- were on the right side, the only thing I could think is maybe the soder came undone. But I was still thinking of do the strips that way there isn't any dark spots.

·
Registered
626 Posts
did you use resistors with the leds? did you match up the positive leg of the led with the posistive side on the board? I am no expert but I have done quite a few led's and they are easy.
How do you know which one is positive or negative on the LED lights?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yeah did the resistors and made sure the +/- were on the right side, the only thing I could think is maybe the soder came undone. But I was still thinking of do the strips that way there isn't any dark spots.

you can test your work with a 9v battery. takes all the guess work out of it before you put the cluster back together.

·
Registered
626 Posts
you can test your work with a 9v battery. takes all the guess work out of it before you put the cluster back together.
So I would guess it does not matter which way the resistor is?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts