GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I just put on Leds in my Taillights what is up with the blinkers? they are hyper now ... but when I turn my flashers on they are normal .... :pissed: any ideas or thoughts on this ? thanx Ken

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes they turned into SUPER Blinker

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they blink faster and I want them back to normal .... but when I turn on my flashers they blink normal..... not fast ..like they do when it is just a turn signal

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Its because LEDs use less power than the bulbs and the blinking mechanism is thrown off. I think you have to throw a resister into the circut basically to fix it, allthough im not sure on this. Someone should chime in.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Badassilverado said:
Yeah, of course any LED's in there will do that. You need a heavy duty signal flasher. Autozone even sells a cheap one if you want to try it out, just have to wire it up. I wouldn't run just LED bulbs in the tails anyway, at least w/ my experience (tested them out on 99-02 as well as 03+ tails) they produce a shitty light spread. Lights up the size of a quarter.
your right about the light spread ..... they are bright as crap .... if you look right at them ... not sure if I like them.... thanx for the info ...

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Badassilverado said:
Yeah, of course any LED's in there will do that. You need a heavy duty signal flasher. Autozone even sells a cheap one if you want to try it out, just have to wire it up. I wouldn't run just LED bulbs in the tails anyway, at least w/ my experience (tested them out on 99-02 as well as 03+ tails) they produce a shitty light spread. Lights up the size of a quarter.
Werd...the spread sucks.

Has anyone heard anything else about those LED euro tails that are suppose to be coming out soon...If they don't look to ricey I might consider them just to get an LED tail.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Yep, what they said. I run Truck-Lite LED's in the rear but they are about 10 times brighter than stock and light up the house accross the street when I'm backing out of my driveway...

Anyway, I just used some resistors from Radio Shack. There are also some resistors marketed just for this purpose sold on ebay all the time. You just wire them in line with the lights, each light needs one resistor.

Or you can get an electronic (heavy duty) flasher for the truck and it will take care of the problem as well.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanx for the help .... I am trying to find some that are brigther I saw some a while ago that had LEDs point out the side too .. that would light the reflector up .........thanx again
Ken

1 - 10 of 10 Posts