GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed some led light bulbs on my 08 gmc sierra, which have both light marker and turn signal functions on them. But there is a slight problem, my turn signals dont flash like they normally should. My ? Is what can i do to get them to flash like they normally do????

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Supposed to put equalizers or resistors in them to simulate the load of a regular bulb. I havent done it yet on mine tho.

·
pro grade member
2,264 Posts
u need resistors to make the computer think it has the regular bulbs in it

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I tried the resistors from autozone and it didnt work. My buddy tried some from autozone also and they didnt work. Dont know what the deal is, maybe cheap setup or they are not getting enough bite on the wires or what not.

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts
i know that the older silverado, it worked in my 2000 where you could take apart the flasher and clip the pin off that sensed low energy (i'm sure that's not the proper term) but it let everything work fine and the bulbs didn't hyperflash, but it obviously won't tell you when a bulb is out

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Any pics of that? Got me totally lost but I am willing to try that.

·
I like 'em white
2,749 Posts
^^ works like a charm for NBS trucks, some might be a little different if you have the tow package. In that case a small number of trucks come with this
2fireday151.jpg

and you will find that same chip here
Image001.jpg

just clip the same pin and it will work. I might have problems with trailer brakes now tho, but I havent towed anything since I did it.

Btw these aren't in the fuse box, you will find it behind the knee bolster underneith the steering wheel/ dash

1 - 11 of 11 Posts