GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read that the dimer switch doesn't work when you switch your dash over to LED's becasue they take to little power. Is there a way of putting in a resistor or something so that your able to make the dimmer switch functional?

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts
pmw?

·
Truck Nut
169 Posts
Mine would dim them to a point and then turn off! Obviously didn't get full dimming, but I did get a little!

I ended up taking them out but had a cool look when they were in!

·
Registered
544 Posts
pulse width modulator, basically it varies the amplitude that the current is coming on so it is able to crete a dimming effect with leds. But if you only have leds in your cluster I don't think it's worth while to do, If you have everything in leds then you can consider doing it.

Basically if you have an 1999-02 truck all you need to do is just reroute the illumination wires going to your headlight dimmer to a pmw circuit and use a rehostat to control the dimming of lights. I believe the 03+ trucks utilize this from the factory or another variation of it.

·
Registered
807 Posts
my dimmer switch works fine and i have leds soudered to every board in my truck...dimmer, locks, windows, a/c cluster, etc...and twist in sockets w/ leds in the main cluter...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts