GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keep seeing bad things about super bright leds. So looking else where to buy from. Want good bright lights evenly spread etc. Dont want to spend a fortune. So any good ebay dealers or sites to buy from?

Also will i lose my dimmer control? These are for my cluster btw

also saw superbrightleds sold UV colored lights anyone ever tried those lol? think ill end up with blue or white not sure yet.

·
pro grade member
2,264 Posts
i buy from USHD on ebay. as far as the dimmer they will dim to about 50% or less then cut out

·
The Barber Shop
3,110 Posts
I got a set of lights that have three leds pointing out in different directions from superbrightleds.com that are UV and they put out a purple-ish color.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
ive gotten all of mine from superbright leds and i had problems with the ones in my tahoe but the ones in my hd have been fine...weird...

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
v leds seems to have the best deal and good feedback. just gotta figure out the difference in inverted leds and the 4 or 6 led wedge bulbs so ill have some with good light output and no hotspots mainly.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dont wana buy from superbright already heard too many bad things about peoples leds burning out and flickering

·
Go Big
308 Posts
Oznium.com

You will not find better customer service and the products are great. Something for every application. :)

Been a member over there forever. Have spent over $5k and will never go anywhere else.

·
Lifted 2wd
773 Posts
I bought 4 of the 194's and 1 festoon led from superbrightled's probably a year ago. and one has burnt out. I need to get some more.

·
Registered
240 Posts
The LED's in the gauges I am selling are the inverted cone single LED 120 degree LED's from VLED.

So you can see the light spread (I know you wanted to buy these from me but too bad :p)

DSCF6843.gif

There aren't any hot spots, my camera just sucks.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The LED's in the gauges I am selling are the inverted cone single LED 120 degree LED's from VLED.

So you can see the light spread (I know you wanted to buy these from me but too bad :p)

There aren't any hot spots, my camera just sucks.
thanks alot def going with vleds then. and you say those are the inverted ones i noticed they are cheaper than the 4 led cluster wedge bulbs. Any major difference? also with those leds do you have any dimming control?

·
Registered
240 Posts
thanks alot def going with vleds then. and you say those are the inverted ones i noticed they are cheaper than the 4 led cluster wedge bulbs. Any major difference? also with those leds do you have any dimming control?
I'm torn on the inverted cones. If I could do it again I would have gone with the 4 LED bulbs but they may be too bright.

As far as dimming control, I get 100%, 50%, and off. One thing I did notice is that the dimmer switch doesn't get nearly as hot as it did before.

Get your twist locks from this guy on eBay: warden_jp2002

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/6pcs-168-194-2825-T10-W5W-Twist-Lock-Wedge-Base_W0QQitemZ200339322736QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2ea5277770&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:4|65:2|39:1|240:1318

$2.80 Shipped for 6 twist locks, can't EVER beat that. I've bought two sets from him and can't complain at all. He also sells LED's so you may find a better deal there.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have twistlocks already got 10 off here for 2.50 shipped. Well i don't want the leds too bright i may just get the inverted because thats what i can afford lol either of them should be a upgrade from stock.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts