GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to fix this? I was told it's because power isn't distributed exactly even to both sides.. if this is true, is it fixable? Anyone else have this problem?

Plus with the HID's it seems like I can really notice the left of the road is brighter :wtf:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
mine doesn't. My guess that one of ur head lights is aimed slightly higher, and that makes it look like one is brighter than the other

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Sevenfold said:
Good idea about the aiming. Justin, I'd definitely pull up to a wall at night and see if they are level.

:word: When I bought my truck, I followed my mom home from the dealer (it was dark) and when we got there, she said one light is brighter than the other.
I looked into it, and both are burning the same, but the driver side is aimed higher than the other.
Maby that is your problem also.

BD

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Badassilverado said:
:word:

Not sure if it is the same on your HID's but on the stock h/l's it's just a screw you have to adjust.
its a screw on the xenarcs too.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I have aimed my headlights a couple of times (every time I fuck with 'em) and I match them up PERFECTLY. My guess is that maybe the headlights shook loose because of these damn bouncy ass Southern California freeways that I drive on almost every day! :pissed:

Whatever, I just wanted to see what you guys had to say.. thanks for all the replies.

Justin

Btw, did I mention how much I love my HIDs? :evillol:

·
Banned
164 Posts
Have you ever been in an accident or anything? Something may be off, or it could be like you said, the housings are not securely in place and move around, so you have to keep adjusting them

·
Registered
175 Posts
This is interesting.

I had similar probs when I used aftermarket HIDs. My buddys truck the same exact thing. When I would start the truck the right HID would NOT come on, I would have to cycle the Hi/Low beam. This only happened when it was cold or the trucks sat for a couple of days.

So no one has noticed the Right Side being brighter. I always figured it was due to the left side getting more juice. Put the xenarcs in and no more probs.

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
I noticed this tonight, but I think my passenger side might be aimed higher :insane:

·
Rollin with Saget
1,594 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
mine doesn't. My guess that one of ur head lights is aimed slightly higher, and that makes it look like one is brighter than the other

one light is supposed to be aimed a bit higher than the other. I dont know the reasoning behind it, but that is how it comes from the factory, i think the passenger side should shoot out around 20-25 feet in front of the vehicle, and drivers side around 30ish. check with a dealer about those numbers tho.

but, its not weird, its supposed to be that way.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I'd re-aim the headlights, my dad had a problem with his headlight on his 2002 Z71, one of the tabs that hold the headlight to the housing broke off so he had to buy a whole new light

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
E.M.D. said:
Mines the same to, ones a different color though
My HID's are like that too, but there still new, Hope they just need to break in :insane: Cause there aimed evenly...... :bowtie:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I noticed the same thing today when I was backin out of my garage this morning. I got to wondering the same thing. I'll have to fix it sometime.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts