GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have a 72 k5 and i wanted to lift it 8 inches. but i came across a great deal on a 6 inch (all spring lift braided brake lines all the steering components and 35 tsl's with wheels for $520.) yet when i gather some extra money i would like to go to 8 inches, does anyone see anything wrong with using an add-a-leaf all the way around or diy4x's and an inch to gain extra the extra height?

:biggun:

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Fuck it man...that's a great deal. Just go with that for the time being. You can always do shackles/AAL's in the future if you want to. Just curious, why are you stuck on 8"?

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Yeah, just like mike said. buy it! Throw some shackles on later! You can even get bigger hangers. That will put you over 8!

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Just dont make it a jungle gym like mine :crazy:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fuck it man...that's a great deal. Just go with that for the time being. You can always do shackles/AAL's in the future if you want to. Just curious, why are you stuck on 8"?
i had a 71 c10 with an 8 inch lift sitting on 38's and i absolutely loved the way that looked so i am trying to recreate that with my blazer.

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Pics???

Either way man...pick that shit up!

·
Rollin with Saget
1,595 Posts
dude, that 6" deal is awesome.

get it! now! dont wait!

you can get the extra 2 inches really easy if you really want it.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
6" springs are perfect for 38's. Put a longer shackle on them and reloacte the rear shackle hanger forward to creat more flex and better ride quality.
Here is 6" lift with the method I just explained on 38's
DSCF0156.jpg

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
great deal on the parts. go that route for now then do as stated above to perfect it to your liking.

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
So did you pick it up yet?

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts

·
U Mirin' Brah?