GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my friend just got some 8000k HID's in his Titan and those fuckers are bright and classy looking. Side by side they make my hyperwhites look like stock bulbs lol, so I think I'm gonna get some for my truck.

What series should I go with? 4000K? 6000K? 8000K? 10000K?
Pics would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you get more of a purple tint as you go up in the K rating? And more yellow as you go down?

·
Mile High
3,080 Posts
Does anyone make a decent projector or housing for the obs? I want to get some black projectors but they all look sketchy and I already have a 6000k kit ordered up. I don't want a f*cked up dispersion from the hids.

·
Sweet bottom num nums
496 Posts
depends on what you want, you want better lighting go 4300k you want to up the baller points go 8000k+

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the pics guys.

What about the fog lights? I don't really wanna spend another couple hundred on the fogs, so do you think I should keep my hyperwhite foglights with the 8000K headlights or get some hyperblues?

·
Registered
711 Posts
do the HID fgs not melt the reflector thing inside the housing? i had some of the cheap blue bulbs in my stock fogs and it melted them

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
if you buy from DUB (which i highly recommend) i would get 6000k. After comparing my 8000k and tfunit's 6000k i would get the 6000k simply bc over time the light output will decrease and the 6000k kit from DUB has almost as much blue tint as the 8k's

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
do the HID fgs not melt the reflector thing inside the housing? i had some of the cheap blue bulbs in my stock fogs and it melted them
HIDs run a lot cooler than halogen bulbs. you'll be fine with HIDs.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Would it be a good idea to disable the twilight (automatic headlights) feature before installing HID? Also, on my wife's vehicle with factory HID, her HID's stay on when the high beams come on...Do I need one of those 4-Hi kits?

I've heard to extend the life of the bulbs, you don't need to keep striking that arc when they first come on...Turn them on and leave them on is the advice that I've received.

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Would it be a good idea to disable the twilight (automatic headlights) feature before installing HID? Also, on my wife's vehicle with factory HID, her HID's stay on when the high beams come on...Do I need one of those 4-Hi kits?

I've heard to extend the life of the bulbs, you don't need to keep striking that arc when they first come on...Turn them on and leave them on is the advice that I've received.
PM Makers Mark for questions. He has them for $230 shipped with a 12 month warranty.

In his group purchase thread I read that the automatic headlights won't hurt it at all.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts