GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 3369 Posts

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, here's the deal:

I'm sure like most, you too are sick of the constant and chronic "what exhaust" or "what sounds best" or "(insert exhaust question here)"

So, here's what I am thinking:
explain exhaust theory and practicality (velocity, backpressure, flow, etc),
discuss headers (short, long, TriY, etc),
organize all sound clips into one post,
have people with personal experience post up with their opinions on how the system worked

Also, please post any and all pictures you have of setups for ideas of pipe routing, clearances, etc.

Opinions/Input/Changes? Post them up.

·
Registered
58 Posts
How about a breakdown by CID and body style, exhaust style (duals, single, etc) and sound clips. I'd love to see everyone post what the mods that are done to the exhaust, like headers, cat removal, etc.

Maybe list by manufacturer and everyone provide a blurb on their exhaust so people can look at it and then listen to see if it's what they want.

My Corsa 14270 is coming, $675 out the door on Evilbay, NIB :)

·
TEAM WHITE
1,190 Posts
:read:

keep the 5.3 and 5.7s info separate... and perhaps another sticky for intakes, tunes/tuners, etc
and the 6.0...:read:

·
Giggity Giggity Giggity
3,169 Posts
I think its a very good idea.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Start to type it up and I'll copy+paste it to the initial post. Then we'll have it renamed and stuck.

Obviously we can't have EVERY catback made, but we'll try to line out systems per motors and with and without cats, with/without LTs, etc.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Maybe a couple new forums with stickeys at the top.
Break out Exhaust/Intake/Boltons from Heads/Cam
Forced Induction
Tuning/Handhelds/Scanning

My 2c

EC

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah we can organize them by motor, then add whatever mods are current.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
on my 94 5.7L i am running edelbrock headers 3in pipe to a dule flowmaster one 3in in and 2-2.50in out and dumped you an hear the sound below. I got this set up in 1997 and it is still up and running no problems

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
this sounds like a great idea... I am SICK of seeing stuff like that every damn time I log on. but the bad part is, N00B's will still post it up regardless... no matter what you sticky. :nono: so, I guess when that happens, you could just hit them back with a link to the sticky and ignore them LOL...

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
this sounds like a great idea... I am SICK of seeing stuff like that every damn time I log on. but the bad part is, N00B's will still post it up regardless... no matter what you sticky. :nono: so, I guess when that happens, you could just hit them back with a link to the sticky and ignore them LOL...

Just link them to this thread :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 3369 Posts