GMC Truck Forum banner

3321 - 3340 of 3369 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Well, I just called a local muffler shop. And, they said if I have my own muffler the install would be $40.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
woo
214 Posts
Alright Gents, I finally want to do something with my 5.3 NNBS. Having a hard time deciding on a muffler. I want a deep rumble with little drone on the highway but still decently loud when I get on it. I'll be doing single in/out 3inch and a single 3" tail pipe out the back passenger corner like I did on my NBS with a 5x12 tip. Any recommendations? Magnaflow bullet? Borla?
I've got a Borla cat back and I like it. Not loud when cruising around, nice rumble when you get on it and 4cly mode doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
I've got a Borla cat back and I like it. Not loud when cruising around, nice rumble when you get on it and 4cly mode doesn't bother me.
I actually just ordered a magnaflow 14419 bullet. We shall see how it sounds with the cam. Im deleting the DOD so no v4 mode soon enough

·
x3 shitbox owner
3,439 Posts
I am wanting run a new muffler setup.

I currently have a catless true dual 2.5” setup with two single in/out flowmaster Super 40s. I’m wanting to ditch the dual tailpipes and run a dual in/single out muffler either ran out the passenger side or dumped before or over the axle. The problem is I can’t decide on a muffler to run. What muffler you guys think would sound the best?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
n. fil-dert.
6,846 Posts
Black Widow

·
x3 shitbox owner
3,439 Posts
Dnw mini muffler with a cat delete lol

·
Super Moderator
5,563 Posts

I currently have a catless true dual 2.5” setup with two single in/out flowmaster Super 40s. I’m wanting to ditch the dual tailpipes and run a dual in/single out muffler either ran out the passenger side or dumped before or over the axle. The problem is I can’t decide on a muffler to run. What muffler you guys think would sound the best?

If it’s a “true dual” why would you want to ditch that system?

·
x3 shitbox owner
3,439 Posts
If it’s a “true dual” why would you want to ditch that system?

I meant ditch the dual tailpipes coming from the muffler and run either a y pipe or a dual in/single out muffler that will sound good

·
Super Moderator
5,563 Posts
Again why would you do that? People pay good money to have a true dual system. Keep it dials. Buy two good mufflers. And cut your tips off.

·
x3 shitbox owner
3,439 Posts
Buy two good mufflers.
Which would be....

My idea I came up with last night was doing a y pipe into a big magnaflow (6” round, 18” long) then running it out the passenger side with a corsa styled tip.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Get some factory mufflers to quiet that crap down.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Little eye candy if you like the side exit exhaust. If you can't tell... I do.
My old 2017 with the 5.3 i bought a MBRP S5081409 off Ebay for $409 with free shipping!! I'd highly recommend to anyone. No drone except cruising on the highway and it would switch into V4 mode and it was pretty slight.
20180415_091338.jpg
20180415_091409.jpg
Screenshot_20190324-175040_Amazon Shopping.jpg

And a little video in a couple angles

·
Registered
22 Posts
562872367.jpg
562872354.jpg

Diesel 4", not sure on muffler brand. Sounds pretty good though and is surprisingly quiet until you get on it. Truck has a mild 383 with all the supporting mods like a built trans with a 3200 circle d truck stall.

3321 - 3340 of 3369 Posts