GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First...I want to do a new underdrive pulley set, what do you guys suggest? I dont want it to much, no surge, i live in texas, deep texas and its about 98 here now, i need my ac...

Would you guys suggest a higher output battery?

·
resident pyromaniac
7,499 Posts
get a UD pulley and OD alt pulley. if you have much electrical draw and a 105 amp alt, look at upgrading it. i just picked up a 145amp alt for myself.

·
resident pyromaniac
7,499 Posts
only ASP makes pulleys for these trucks. you can run an OD alternator pulley to overdrive it in order to keep your voltage up at idle. like i mentioned before, if you have too much electrical draw, you'll need to upgrade to a larger alternator if you only have a 105 amp alt.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
only ASP makes pulleys for these trucks. you can run an OD alternator pulley to overdrive it in order to keep your voltage up at idle. like i mentioned before, if you have too much electrical draw, you'll need to upgrade to a larger alternator if you only have a 105 amp alt.

Yup, I agree. :imo

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
12rwhp for $220.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
get a UD pulley and OD alt pulley. if you have much electrical draw and a 105 amp alt, look at upgrading it. i just picked up a 145amp alt for myself.
wont you lose power with a bigger alt.?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts