GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some guys on here have onboard air, Im looking for ideas because im going to get a legit air tank or 2 and mount them somewhere just not sure where, So any ideas from you non bagged guys would be great.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
I dont have OBA, but I'd mount a tank (or two) in front of the rear tires under the bed. Somewhere in that cavernous space, either between the frame rails or on the outsides.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i like that setup, I just have too much other shit in my box.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont have OBA, but I'd mount a tank (or two) in front of the rear tires under the bed. Somewhere in that cavernous space, either between the frame rails or on the outsides.
thats what im thinking, throw a 5 gallon in there and run 2 lines one to the front and one to the back and hook a quick connect in at each point.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, my truck has the compressor under the hood (which seems to stay clean, even when driving through mud) and the tank in the bed under the tool box.

·
For Offroad Use Only
285 Posts
yeah, my truck has the compressor under the hood (which seems to stay clean, even when driving through mud) and the tank in the bed under the tool box.

I have my ARB compressor bolted to the top of the inner fender behind the battery, but it is only for my locker. For filling tires, my on board air is going to be one of these (the blue one is on order):

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
Im gonna mount my compressor in that front driver side engine area that has a plate for a second battery...tank I dont know, wish I had dims of that combination setup posted above.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
My ARB Compressor (for my Locker) is mounted to the front driver's side fender well. Im going to get a 5 gallon tank and Viair 480c for OBA, just not sure where to mount mine either.

·
GMFS Military Member
304 Posts
train007.jpg

(for my train horns) Then i welded a box to go around the compressor to keep it out of the elements. However, mounting in a toolbox is the best method.

·
meow
15,747 Posts
I have my ARB compressor bolted to the top of the inner fender behind the battery, but it is only for my locker. For filling tires, my on board air is going to be one of these (the blue one is on order):
Winner! I wonder how much life it would give a 1/2 impact though :shrug:

·
Unofficial Thread Killer.
756 Posts

Mine is not as nice as yours but you get the idea. I put a quick connect on the box an have the air horns hooked up that way..pop that out and i have a 25' hose i pop in there.

100_1298.gif

100_1299.gif

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what size air tank is that yngbld? a pair of those in my box wouldn't take up much space and would clean up the install a lot.

·
Could be
192 Posts
I put mine in between the body and the frame rail under the drivers side door. Above the e-brake line basically. But I have an OBS so there might not be as much room. I really like the in the box idea. If I had a pick-up that is where I would be putting it.

I'll try and get a pic up later this afternoon.

·
FoTfive'dpokinoutdaside
2,295 Posts
DeWalt 18 volt impact wrench is awesome!

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
DeWalt 18 volt impact wrench is awesome!
sure works great for nuts and bolts

won't fill up tires
won't blow dust out of your interior
can't run train horns
won't fill helper bags.

·
Unofficial Thread Killer.
756 Posts
what size air tank is that yngbld? a pair of those in my box wouldn't take up much space and would clean up the install a lot.
2 gal.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts