GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I learned there are a few people here on the GMFS.com that are into bike riding. Lets see those bike pics. I wanna see what people ride. Maby some action pictures. Let here what kind of bike and modes you got done to it and also what kind of riding your into. Any future plans for your bikes? I will start off.

This is my 98(?) specialized FSR comp. I got a hanabrick triple tree long travel front suspension. Mountain speed long travel rear suspension kit with a 6.5" shock (stock its 4.5") I also got crowbar handle bars, Wilderness Trail Bikes seat and a few other things here and there. I really really wanna do the single speed conversion upfront with chain stays. My front sprockets got bent a little from some wrecks so now the chain skips under heavy load. Like heavy loads i put on it right when im getting ready to go off a drop, it usually jumps and I fucking crash for NO damn reason. I cant wait until the snow melts so i can get back on this beast :rocking:

This is all that needs to be said!
02-05-07_2248.jpg

I love this damn thing, but if I had a chance to do it again It wouldn't be a full suspension trail bike, I would love to own a FS downhill or freeride bike :read: But she does me good.
02-05-07_2246.jpg

02-05-07_2243.jpg

·
has driven a Ford lately.
2,478 Posts
Yeah, pretty much not going to be able to resist replying to this thread...

The Fisher single-speed:

This started life as a 99 Fisher X-Caliber, with the world's most hideous paint job. Fortunately that one broke and they sent me this far prettier frame....almost looks like a so*cal hot rods paint job IMO. It's got an 01 Marz X-Fly 100 fork, Mavic UST wheels, Time ATAC pedals (originals, baby, circa 1996!), and eight year old Hayes 6" disc brakes that have NEVER been bled but have probably been through 10 sets of pads. I converted it to a single-speed a yr or two ago and ride it all the time now.

The 04 Gemini:

Kept this thing bone stock, except for swapping those stock POS Maxxis 2.35" tires (measure 2.1" wide) for some 2.5" Hutchison Octopuses (measure 2.6" wide). Oh, and I put an FSA seat post on it after snapping the original item in two. Apparently cannondale ran out of 6" Manitou Breakouts, though, so this one came with a 7" Breakout+. Still a crappy fork though (and a crappy shock in back). But it's been a pretty sturdy bike so far, just not exactly "plush". It's also pretty light (for an FR bike), about 42lb or so.

Here it is in Utah pudding that'd stick my truck.

1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How in the hell did I know you were going to post :read: HAHAHAH You got some nice bikes, still dont hold a lick to the specialized though! lol jp

·
Registered
166 Posts
I got back into riding Oct 06' and my truck has taken the backseat as my obsession. I sold my old Trek 8000 and purchased a 07 Specialized FSRXC and started upgrading alot of parts. I forgot how expensive everything is but I've been having a blast riding.

FSRXCShoot004.jpg

L4jump.jpg

FSRXCUpgrades016.jpg

1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea cooper knows whats up, rocking the specialized! LOL Man that is one fucking nice bike dude! were the disc brakes stock and are they full hydrolic or not? Man im envious of you guys. Maby one day when I start making money (Yea right!) I will buy a brand new FS freeride bike and keep my fsr for friends to ride with me.

·
2,478 Posts
Yea cooper knows whats up, rocking the specialized! LOL Man that is one fucking nice bike dude! were the disc brakes stock and are they full hydrolic or not? Man im envious of you guys. Maby one day when I start making money (Yea right!) I will buy a brand new FS freeride bike and keep my fsr for friends to ride with me.
There are ways to get some pretty good deals on these. The Gemini was bought at the end of 04...I think I paid $1500 for it, marked down from $2300.

Supergo *used to be* a place I'd highly recommend buying a bike from, as you could always find insane deals toward the end of the year. Now they've been bought by performance, and were totally destroyed as a result. They killed all the good brands (Specialized, Fisher, Cannondale, Intense, etc) and replaced them with mostly crap (GT, Haro, Fuji, etc). They still sell some Iron Horse rigs that are somewhat worthy, albeit the one they currently have on sale (7point3) is somewhat of a POS (ancient suspension, no front 20mm thru-axle, etc).

There are ways to get a damn solid FR bike for $1500 though with 7"/7" travel, 8" hydraulic discs, thru axle front, reasonably beefy wheels, and decent (but not great) suspension.

Always buy last years model at the end-of-year closeout IMO. And if you want an FR bike, don't settle for anything without at least 7", hydraulic discs, 20mm thru-axle, and accommodations for 2.5" tires.

1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Always buy last years model at the end-of-year closeout IMO. And if you want an FR bike, don't settle for anything without at least 7", hydraulic discs, 20mm thru-axle, and accommodations for 2.5" tires.
Oh trust me my next bike (going to be a few years, I got NO money now) is going to be a NICE one. My roommate owned my bike in college, then I bought it from him and it was all stock. I put everything on it. But after I bought his bike he rode his 24" diamond bike with me and got sick of it. He then got a Ironhorse FR bike, i cant think of what kind it was but I will find out, and that think was SICK. disc brakes and all the good stuff. I took that off a flight of stairs and that landing was so nice, especially compared to my bike :read: Trust me when that time comes in my life to get a new bike its going to be something like a brand new demo or Big hit. Hell i got to ride a 02 demo a guy who rode with us had and WOW that was just uncalled for :read: Took it off some kickers and that thing just mad me sick how nice it was.

anyways I went to look for that supergo site and actually FOUND THIS I well keep these sites in mind.

·
2,478 Posts
Oh trust me my next bike (going to be a few years, I got NO money now) is going to be a NICE one. My roommate owned my bike in college, then I bought it from him and it was all stock. I put everything on it. But after I bought his bike he rode his 24" diamond bike with me and got sick of it. He then got a Ironhorse FR bike, i cant think of what kind it was but I will find out, and that think was SICK. disc brakes and all the good stuff. I took that off a flight of stairs and that landing was so nice, especially compared to my bike :read: Trust me when that time comes in my life to get a new bike its going to be something like a brand new demo or Big hit. Hell i got to ride a 02 demo a guy who rode with us had and WOW that was just uncalled for :read: Took it off some kickers and that thing just mad me sick how nice it was.

anyways I went to look for that supergo site and actually FOUND THIS I well keep these sites in mind.
Yup, eaten up and shit out by performance.

Demo was probably an 04...first year of that bike. My brother bought an 04 Demo9 pro (which in 04 is the base model, though in 05 is the high-end model :crazy:) I rode that thing for a full day of lift-serviced biking at Big Bear once. I cannot say enough good things about the Demo9. They're a little heavy (his is 48.5lb) but you get used to it quickly. They even pedal pretty well if you put the seat up and can tolerate the weight. That thing had enough travel that I found myself just riding straight through rock gardens instead of navigating through them. The only negative about it is it makes certain sections of trail too easy.

1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just got a hold of my old roomate and I was wrong about his bike he bought after he sold me my bike. He got a rocky mountain RMX with a marzocchi Monster T front end. fucking 10 inchs of travel front and rear! That bike was sick as hell. unfortnityly out roomate though a party when we didnt want him to and go figure gregs RMX got stolen. I had my bike in my room and well greg had his in the living room and someone janked it. He bought a iron horse after the RMX was stolen, thats why I said iron horse.

But seriously these HUGE travel bikes are just uncalled for :read: Shit is so damn badass! Like that RMX you could ride up stairs at a slower speed and not have a single trouble or feel the stairs.

Here is a pictire of that RMX my roomate had (this isnt his but its the same model)

·
2,478 Posts
RMX's are fairly sweet rigs. They're an 8inch bike though (200mm). MonsterT's are 200mm (8in) as well, unless he had a Super Monster (rare and completely insane fork with 300mm (12 INCHES) of travel!

Rocky Mountain is yet another brand that Supergo used to sell until Performance dissolved that relationship. (You can tell I love Performance, right? :D)

·
DisgruntleD
3,821 Posts
I have a Yeti 575, but I don't have any good pictures of it, just a couple while it was in the back of my truck. It's no insane freeride bike, but for the trails in Michigan it does really well. Once I get back down to a reasonably stable riding weight I'm going to send my shock and fork out to get PUSHed, but other than that and some ODI lockons, its a pretty stock setup, 6in hydraulic discs, room for 2.5's, nice suspension. I've been really happy with it.

DSC00010.gif

DSC00009.gif

I made the bike rack out of PVC pipe that I used to money from returning beer bottles for, fits really nice in the back of the pickup and it stands the bikes up on flat ground when you pull it out.

1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RMX's are fairly sweet rigs. They're an 8inch bike though (200mm). MonsterT's are 200mm (8in) as well, unless he had a Super Monster (rare and completely insane fork with 300mm (12 INCHES) of travel!

Rocky Mountain is yet another brand that Supergo used to sell until Performance dissolved that relationship. (You can tell I love Performance, right? :D)

:sorry: Well i stand corrected, I was wrong about that 10in statment. lol But hey im not wrong about the fack that the damn bike could handle some big drops and soaked up everything! LOL

And a 12in travel shock :hail: :pshyco: :jawdrop: :rocking:

·
bombs on target
3,018 Posts
man yall are hardcore!!! i am just getting into riding...i picked up a gt palomar hardtail from a friend of mine. it will be getting some upgrades soon. i couldnt convince the wife to let me spend a bunch on a bike so this will have to do.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Here are my auxiliary rides:
DSCN0677.jpg

The silver, black, red, and white frame with the shocks at the front and the adjustable spring at the back (between seat and frame) I got sometime in the past couple years...It's always been my 'Cruise' bike because of the ride quality, 21 speed.

The dark greenish one with 'Diamondback' is one we bought in past year or so from some one who was selling a couple of their bikes, 21 speed also. It's a back up or an exercise bike.

The 'Cruise' bike needs some work, one of the pepal legs came off, and we need to get that fixed. The other one is okay, it just doesn't like engaging into the 3rd subgear.

We had bought my bikes in Germany, so we had to have lights put on to even make it road-legal. I think I'm gonna pull those lights off since we are out here in the country, where as in Germany I was in city.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to upload the image and post it. Posted too early.

164 Posts
heres mine. It started out has a Haro bike. Then I took off everything and powdercoated it chevy orange. Its got no brakes or anything but its pretty cool. I haven't ridden it in probably 1 and a half years :crazy:

rctruck001.gif

rctruck002.gif

1 - 20 of 81 Posts