GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So one of my hids hath biten the dust in my fog logs and I want to replace them with some led units. I have been looking and the only ppl i can find that make the mounting brackets for the cubes is rigid but ive seen other brackets and cant find them.

Ive also found brackets you can add and run the round led lights but i haven't found a set of round units i really like. I can get cubes no problem and that's what i would prefer to run as they are cheap.

The rigid kit for the money looks like crap and i don't like the way the plastic shroud covers the front trim around the light looks cheap

This guy on another forums just got blanks for the valance and mounted the lights in them.. This looks the best to me but theres no way to adjust the light once mounted.

IMG_2414.jpg

Vision x makes mounts for a round 4-5" light but all the round lights look like they belong on a lawn mower or tractor so idunno.
OEM_Light_main_tif-500x500.jpg

Anyone know of or have the hookup on some nice mounts?

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone ? I know ive seen a couple trucks on here with them just cant remember who.. looking fer more ideas

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,696 Posts
The rigid one is just stupid for the price. Plus the size of the light in the opening is way too small. If you could locate a larger light or KC makes some modular units now that may work.

·
Registered
218 Posts
sub'd. In the same search you are.

·
& Stump Pulling
1,041 Posts
Also looking to do this with my 2010 hd Silverado. I ordered bumper caps with fog mounts. Would like to recess some nice lights and vision x has some crazy bright units that would fit but before I pull the trigger I'm gonna make some brackets so they tuck in nice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts