GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, from what I read in the past the Ford "Green Keys" are the way to go for a mild lift on the front to level it out. Now with that, it increases shock travel obviously and I don't want to swap shocks at this point so....

Is there a 1" spacer that I could shim the shock down to stay in the better operating area?

Would 2" be okay to lift the front with stock shocks or should I go with 1.5"?

I think that my Z needs to be up in the air a bit more vs being lowered as it is now. lol

Thanks! :D

·
Registered
424 Posts
There is no Ford green keys. There is ford keys and green keys off of 1/2 Chevys that the HDs use to raise the front end. You just need to order a set of ford keys and install them. Also make sure that your shocks don't top out while cranking. I had this problem with mine and it rode horrible. Nothing some spacers couldn't fix though. You can just stack some washers for spacers if you like.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay Ford keys it is! lol Tell me more aboot the spacers please... :shake:

·
Registered
424 Posts
I just stacked some washers below where the top of the shock mounts. Before cranking I would just disconnet the top of the shock mount. After your are done cranking on the new keys, install a few washers on top of the shock mounting bolt and your set.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn, that's pretty indepth! thanks. :D

·
Fat, bald guy.
671 Posts
I know this is a old thread, im about to get a set of ford keys for my 2500 HD 2wd, what year/model ford do you tell them you have when asking for the keys??

john z

1 - 10 of 10 Posts