GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn it's been a long time since I posted here...Ladt year I think when the tranny in my '04 went out on me for the 2nd time at like 36,100 miles and I got a new '06 Z71. Well I've had my '06 since Aug of '06 and decided that I want to lift the front end to level the truck. When it comes to lefts and suspension I'm clueless so that's why I came here. I was wondering how much I would have to lift the front(I'm guessing 2") and if cranking on the torsion bars would do the trick or if getting spacers for the top of the shocks would be the way to go. I ask this question because I do a lot of highway driving and don't want to affect the ride quality(too much) and don't want to void thwe warranty on it by doing something that will cause something to prematurely wear something out and having it traced back to the front lift. Any help is greatly appreciated.....And yes I read dark eternal's write up and that answered a lot fo questions I had but not the specific questions that I asked.

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
simply crank up your torsion bar keys. The stock keys will probably not give you enough lift to completely level off the front so i would suggest getting some 1 ton bars from rough country. Ford keys are also available for a fraction of the cost of new t-bars.

·
Fortune Favors The Brave
6,321 Posts
Getting spacers doesn't give you lift. Buy some new rancho or pro comp shocks and crank your stock keys 3/4 of the way. If you still aren't happy then get ford keys and some rough country t-bars

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
I was wondering how much I would have to lift the front(I'm guessing 2")
Yes ~2"

and if cranking on the torsion bars would do the trick or if getting spacers for the top of the shocks would be the way to go.
Longer shocks won't give you lift, but it would be a good idea to upgrade to some longer ones.

I do a lot of highway driving and don't want to affect the ride quality(too much) and don't want to void thwe warranty on it by doing something that will cause something to prematurely wear something out and having it traced back to the front lift. .
Ride quality will deminish. Warranty is at the discretion of your dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts