GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
mechanic
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

New here. I own a 2001 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 liter. I am looking at putting a Leveling kit on the truck for now seeing that I cannot afford a full suspension lift.

My question is how hard is it to install front torsion keys? What is the time needed and the difficulty on installation? I have the tools so no worry there.

O BTW, what are the biggest size tires I can fit once I put the leveling kit on? Looking at going for a black "D" ring rim and Nitto Tera-Grapplers.

Thanks,
Taylor

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
i can do them in under 30 mins. a shop will charge an hour probably, plus alignment. get torsion keys for 03 ford fx4 they are the best fit. tires are your choice i ran 285/70 r17 with no rub at all. some tire brands you might get a lil bigger.

in before the "search button" nazis

[/endthread]

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts
Hello All,

New here. I own a 2001 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 liter. I am looking at putting a Leveling kit on the truck for now seeing that I cannot afford a full suspension lift.

My question is how hard is it to install front torsion keys? What is the time needed and the difficulty on installation? I have the tools so no worry there.

O BTW, what are the biggest size tires I can fit once I put the leveling kit on? Looking at going for a black "D" ring rim and Nitto Tera-Grapplers.

Thanks,
Taylor
...lemme try going about this a different way...

Dear Taylor,

You asked a question that has been asked (and answered) on this website more then any other question in the history of this website. Can you imagine how those of us who've been here since 2004 feel?

Love,
Chad

·
mechanic
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chad,

I understand what you mean. Sorry should have used the search engine first.

Slanteye_z,

Appreciate the help. I might go ahead and save the money and do the install myself and have my Fathers friend line the truck up or me.

Thanks,
Tyler

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
...lemme try going about this a different way...

Dear Taylor,

You asked a question that has been asked (and answered) on this website more then any other question in the history of this website. Can you imagine how those of us who've been here since 2004 feel?

Love,
Chad
LMAO! Chad! :roflsquared:
Dear Chad,
I do not feel that he read the post through.

Your Friend,
Jeremy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.