GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2010 GMC Sierra 1500 that has a 1” leveling kit/blocks on the front end and it’s too high. I have just purchased 1/2” leveling blocks to replace the 1”. My question is, will dropping the front end 1/2” require a front end alignment?

·
Registered
2017 Sierra 1500 SLT 4x4 - 6" BDS Coil Overs w/ DSA's & Fox 2.0's - 305/55/20 TA KO2's on Stockers
129 Posts
Anytime you work on the suspension it’s best practice to have it aligned afterwards.

Out of curiosity, are they strut spacers or strut extenders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Go Big

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply. To answer your question, I think they would be considered extenders. It’s a U shaped block that fits under the shock/strut. If you google 2010 GMC Sierra leveling kit they should pop up. That’s how I found them.

·
Super Moderator
6,103 Posts
Check to make sure they also didn’t installed spacer on top of the strut. That 1in lower block will only give you 2in of lift. Which isn’t much

·
Registered
2017 Sierra 1500 SLT 4x4 - 6" BDS Coil Overs w/ DSA's & Fox 2.0's - 305/55/20 TA KO2's on Stockers
129 Posts
Check to make sure they also didn’t installed spacer on top of the strut. That 1in lower block will only give you 2in of lift. Which isn’t much

Exactly what I was moving towards. This happens often and guys can’t figure out why they aren’t getting the measurements they expect.

Hard to believe you’ll notice much of a difference removing 1/2” but then again, you did notice it was too high so maybe you’ve got a better eye for it. Either way, an 1” in the front usually just about levels it out with the back so if it’s too high it sounds like you might have some more pieces in there.

·
Super Moderator
6,103 Posts
Well for every inch of spacer you gain 2in of height. If he dropped to a .5in spacer. He would loose and inch

·
Registered
129 Posts
Oh that’s right, I forgot the vertical shift was double the spacer size.

·
Registered
8,293 Posts

definitely this, the Top Gunz Customs kit was quite popular around this model yr and wouldnt be surprised if thats whats installed.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Ive got the RC 2.5 level, comes with a 1in lower block and .5in? upper spacer, I also have adjustable bilstien 5100s all around that I set to 0 since I had the RC level already

1 - 10 of 10 Posts