GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Chevy Z71 and I want to level the front end. I have been looking at the Daystar and Rough Country kits. Be fairly new to all this, I'm concerned about which way to go. The Daystar kit goes on top of the strut and the Rough Country kit goes on the bottom, and it also looks easier to install. Any advice would be helpful.

·
Representin' Le Mit!
3,584 Posts
I have the suspension maxx leveling kit with a rear block and it is perfect IMO...I have had mine for two months. I am actually getting a 5" suspension lift put on pretty quick. I will sell you mine for $100 plus shipping (Cost $240 look at www.suspensionmaxx.com). It goes on top of the strut spacer. Let me know man!

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
2.5" CCM kit

/thread

·
Registered
105 Posts
After calling 3 shops in my area (San Antonio, TX), I am becoming convinced that on my 2004 1500 Z71, no torsion keys, spacers, shock extensions, or leveling kits are needed, if all I want to do is raise the front 2" to level out the truck. All 3 shops assured me that they could maintain the factory ride quality by cranking my torsion bars, as long as they only go 2". Prices ranged from $100 - $125, including an alignment.

Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
10,976 Posts
After calling 3 shops in my area (San Antonio, TX), I am becoming convinced that on my 2004 1500 Z71, no torsion keys, spacers, shock extensions, or leveling kits are needed, if all I want to do is raise the front 2" to level out the truck. All 3 shops assured me that they could maintain the factory ride quality by cranking my torsion bars, as long as they only go 2". Prices ranged from $100 - $125, including an alignment.

Can anyone confirm this?
They bullshittin

·
GOT LIFT
2,342 Posts
my Dad is writing me a program and we're gona cut some out on his cnc machine the weekend and ill post some pics

·
flight medic
1,457 Posts

Can anyone confirm this?
ride quaility will be affected with both ways of leveling that truck by keys or cranking the factory keys it will get some what stiffer. so just get your truck on level pavement measure all 4 of your fender heights and then jack up the front of the truck crank the stock bars till you get your front heigh matched with your rear height and then get an alignment and save yourself some money.

·
Yea its all black....
382 Posts
I have had the 2.5 rough contry on my truck for about 50k miles now. No issues, problems, or effected ride. Great for the price. I suggest the RC.

·
Registered
9,764 Posts
I just installed mine last night its the new Zone 2" Lift kit that comes with Spacers for the front and new u bolts and blocks for the rear. I paid 140 shipped, which i didnt think was bad. Install was fairly easy took about 3 hours really taking my time. Still gotta install the rear. I gained just over 2" more like 2.25" and what a difference in how the truck looks and the ride hasn't changed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, I finally decided on the Rough Country 2" leveling kit and it is great. My truck is finally level and I put 285 70 17's on it. I even got a bull bar for Father's Day and put it on.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ive got a 2011 Crew Cab Sierra that i am wanting to level. Will the Ready Lift 2.25" lift make it perfectly level? or will i still have a little bit of rake or cali lean? Planning to run 285/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs. Thanks

·
Really name Tanner but people call me Betty! ha!
1,884 Posts
If you crank keys you should change out shocks that would help it did when I did it to my 2500HD

1 - 20 of 23 Posts