GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be a good idea to add a diff drop if I'm going to level out my nnbs? Or it is completely a waste of time? I'm looking at the rc 3 lift kit and it comes with a diff drop...alot of peeps are running 2.5 leveling kit with no diff drop..so I guess rc figure the .5 extra requires a diff drop?

·
Fake 4wd Club
3,942 Posts
If the kit comes with it, run it. If not then no big deal really. The CV angles aren't bad at all on a leveled truck.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My plans are to just level my truck using bilstein leveling struts. But from what I've been hearing 2.5 usually levels it out. The rc "3 "comes with a diff drop, which make me think should I make the extra effort to do a diff drop?

·
Fake 4wd Club
3,942 Posts
I would personally go with the CCM Leveling Spacers, a lot of people here use them and like them, they can be found on ebay for around $80 IIRC and they give the same look

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Diff brackets are a simple design though if you or someone you know has fab skillz..which I dont :D

·
Registered
912 Posts
The leveling spacers that I have on my truck raised my front end 3.25" and I have not had any problem with the CV shafts or anything else. I ran these same spacers for 2 years on my 2007 and have been running them for about a month on my 2009 with no problems. They are the spacers from Total Performance and do not drop the differential. The angles on the truck are not very bad at all either.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
The leveling spacers that I have on my truck raised my front end 3.25" and I have not had any problem with the CV shafts or anything else. I ran these same spacers for 2 years on my 2007 and have been running them for about a month on my 2009 with no problems. They are the spacers from Total Performance and do not drop the differential. The angles on the truck are not very bad at all either.
3.25 in the front? Pictures of how this looks..Maybe you meant 2.25

·
Registered
912 Posts
3.25 in the front? Pictures of how this looks..Maybe you meant 2.25
Nope...it is 3.25". The spacers are 1.75" tall. Most of the leveling kits are 1.5" tall and the CCM spacers that are supposed to give 2.5" of lift are 1-3/8" tall. I did a lot of checking around with different manufacturers before I bought them. The CCM spacers give right at 2.5" of lift and the Total Performance spacers I bought gave me 3.25" at the center of the front fenders. The rear end sits about 3/4" lower than the front now so I am going to order taller rear blocks to replace the stockers. I had these same spacers on my 2007 and it sat the exact same way. i replaced the rear blocks on it with 2.5" blocks and it sat level.

And here is the 2007 with the 2.5" rear blocks. The pictures make it look like the rear is still sitting lower but the fenders measured exactly the same.

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
If its just 2 or 2.5" don't worry about it, the 1.5" drops on the RC 3" are nice since it will give you angles of a 1.5" spacer but you're gonna pay more compared to just a spacer

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Nope...it is 3.25". The spacers are 1.75" tall. Most of the leveling kits are 1.5" tall and the CCM spacers that are supposed to give 2.5" of lift are 1-3/8" tall. I did a lot of checking around with different manufacturers before I bought them. The CCM spacers give right at 2.5" of lift and the Total Performance spacers I bought gave me 3.25" at the center of the front fenders. The rear end sits about 3/4" lower than the front now so I am going to order taller rear blocks to replace the stockers. I had these same spacers on my 2007 and it sat the exact same way. i replaced the rear blocks on it with 2.5" blocks and it sat level.

And here is the 2007 with the 2.5" rear blocks. The pictures make it look like the rear is still sitting lower but the fenders measured exactly the same.

:hmm:Looks good

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
I like this lift

And no Bumpstops means unlimited flex fo sho!!! Cut dat shit nuk

Fuck the CV Angles :imo

·
Registered
912 Posts

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts

what do they measure out at the bottom of the fenders?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Get the RC 3". Its a little more but will pay in the long run.

That blue truck is supposetly double stacked.

·
Registered
912 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Get the RC 3". Its a little more but will pay in the long run.

That blue truck is supposetly double stacked.
I had thought about the 3" RC but I want to add an 8" CST to it next year and I wanted to be able to add the spacer on top of the CST. I could have added the RC spacers to it but then I would have had the drop brackets and stuff that I would not be using. My angles are still good and I still have a little space between the upper control arms and the bump stops so it still rides great.

And the blue truck does have stacked leveling kits. He is asking for trouble.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Is that on the 07 with the 2.5" blocks? What about the 09?

Thanks
That is on the 09. I don't remember what the exact measurements were on the 07 with the 2.5" blocks but I do remember that the front and rear fenders measured within 1/8" of each other.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts