GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck has the longer shackles in the back but my truck still doesnt sit level, is there anything i could do to simply lower 1 or 2 more inches out of it, keep in mind mcgaughy's is a hop and a skip away

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
2" Drop shackles won't give you a full 2" in the back on a NBS truck.... I'd just live with it until you drop it more. It most likely looks a ton better w/o the stock rake in the rear anyways.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Go to autozone and get the overload spring clamps. It clamps the front of the overload leaf to the spring pack. Gives you .75" of drop for under $10. I used that on my truck to finish leveling it out. It didn't affect my ride at all since it only clamps the front of the spring.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
Will clamping the Overload help in wheel hop or change the rear suspension at all?

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
I'm sure you could. That's probably what you have to do to install the overload clamps anyways.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Chris99GMC said:
Will clamping the Overload help in wheel hop or change the rear suspension at all?
I think Fullthrottledan clamped his as well to help with wheel hop, I think he actually made his own clamps to do it.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
just buy the right hardware. It's two clip/clamp things and they are only 10 bucks

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
bcubed said:
I think Fullthrottledan clamped his as well to help with wheel hop, I think he actually made his own clamps to do it.
Lets call on Fullthrottlean on this to post pictures of his.
I do get alot of wheel hop and would like a cure for this.

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
So do you clamp the front of the leaf springs or the rear?
I'm assuming that you clamp the over load spring too?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Matt said:
would clamping the rear of the spring as well get just a little more drop? i went out and c-clamped the front and it brought my fenders to within half an inch of each other.
I guess yah you would be gettin a little more...but realizing that now you have front and back clamed, your ride will be effected big time now

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1buda said:
So do you clamp the front of the leaf springs or the rear?
I'm assuming that you clamp the over load spring too?
yah they were saying you clamp the normal leafs with the overload...the stiff ass overload is what doesnt move so it pulls the leafs down to it

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
That pic is pretty close to the ones I have. Clamp the front of the spring to the spring pack. Dont do the front and back. haha. That will ride horrible. They're only $10, so I bought some. Cheapest drop for ten bucks

1 - 20 of 52 Posts