GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is everyone's opinion on these? i've been thinking about getting one with my lic. plate mounted in it and getting a new smooth rollpan. what does everyone think? here is what my truck looks like now:

·
Changed my life
1,218 Posts
Hmmm...they're shit.

They scratch so easily if you cough on it you'll have a new mark. And forget about wiping it off with a towel, you'll scratch the fuck out of it. Not to mention you can't tint it, because the material is pourous and will cause the tint to bubble.

Oh ya, I think all states require you to have the license plate in the rear-most part of the vehicle, meaning it will be illegal.

I don't like them, can you tell? :crazy:

·
Registered
785 Posts
license plates have to be at the most rear point of the vehicle, hey man the rear of my truck looks almost like yours

·
eplingphoto.com
550 Posts
yes they are soft but not soft enough to scratch from a towel.. my buddy has one in his sonoma and he's dried it hundreds of times with a towel and there's still not a scratch it in.

Don't worry about the legality of the plate location either we've been all over the eastern united states to shows and the popo have never said anything about it.

I'm gonna do a popup license plate in mine and get a new rollpan without the plate bucket.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I know it's illegal around here in sc, I was going to do one in my truck, I think they look great and I love the smoothed out look of the back of the truck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts