GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know anything about these tires? Found them on ebay for pretty cheap and considering buying them. Just don't want to buy some junk tires. Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
they look like dune grapps. personally i wouldn't run them just because I've never ever heard of them, that says something in itself

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I've never heard of them either so that's why I'm leery of buying them. The ones I found look like Toyo M / Ts tho

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
http://www.lexanitires.com/tire/mud-beast

Lexani is a pretty well known wheel manufacturer. I didn't know they made tires though. I bet they have some tire company make these up and they just stamp their name on it. Just stick with nittos or toyos at least you know they've been proven to be quality tires.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kind of what I was thinking! Hah. I can't find a review for them anywhere either!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Really want to get some Toyos but just don't have the money! I can get a set of these Lexanis for 1000 bucks...

·
Yake is a Fgt
3,582 Posts
You get what you pay for. Tires are something I'd shell out extra doll hairs for

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
tires are worth it to spend a bit more on imo

if not for safety then for how long they'll last you. you can get 60k out of toyo mt's if you treat them right

·
Registered
900 Posts
Wonder Why they are all e rated except the 18 inch? And I've always dropped the coin to run something I trust

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
For a grand I'd run em. Now those tuff 26" mts for $1000 a piece, I'd pass on those
i sure as fuck wouldn't. what size? i'd just be a little more patient and spend the money on some trail graps for toyo mts.

working in the tire business for 5+ years only mud tire i will put on my truck is the trail grapplers. and i don't just pretend i know about tires and sell them, i work in the back room and i see tires day in and day out. a lot of them at that. take my opinion as you want.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I went ahead and gave the Lexani's a shot. I only have about 1,500 miles on them, which isn't much.
They do have a little vibration at take off and stop like most mud tires do, and the noise really isn't that bad compared to other mt's.
After I had driven on them for about 2 weeks, I drove a buddy's truck with the same size Toyo MT'S and as far as ride and road noise they are pretty much the same.
So no regrets so far. I still can't find any reviews on mileage due to how new they were, but the shop I bought them from said they have seen good wearing from the sets they have sold and have been back to be rotated. They do sell several other brands, so they aren't bias toward these.

·
Registered
36 Posts
3,000 miles on them now. Really liking them. One of my friends with the Toyo M/T ' s was pretty impressed with the ride and road noise. The vibration at take off and slow down has decreased alot with the miles I have on them.
I still can't find any info on how long they are lasting, but reports from the tire shop say they are wearing pretty well so I am optimistic.

·
GMFS Member
5 Posts
So what's your latest update on the Lexani MT. I'm considering getting some but I drive a LOT and don't want to buy another set in 6 months!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a little over 10,000 miles on them. The wear is actually pretty good, the lines in the middle of the lugs are still very visible. At this rate, I am confident I will get 40-50k easily.
As far as the road noise, i have driven 2 sets of toyo mt's after driving on mine (same day) and the noise the same.
Overall I am very happy with these tires, especially after all of the complaints of the noise and wear of some of the other tires.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 64 Posts