GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope someone can help!! I just had a 6 inch fabtech lift put on my wifes 08 2wd cc and was told by the installer the biggest tire i could put on with the 20 inch mht fuel wheel was a 305/55 without having to cut the fenders is this true? I wanted a 35 not a 33 inch tire.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
the 6" Fabtech actually sits at 8". If you run 20x10 or 9" wheelwith 4.5" BS you can a 35" tire with minimal fender liner trimming. With a 2" spacer you can run 37s. Fuck the installer. You dont have trim the fenders..maybe just the liner a little.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
What he said. The fabtech 6" is actually an 8" lift. There's plenty of folks on here running no spacer and 35s and some running 36" iroks. You can run a 35 all day long. If it rubs just throw a spacer in.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that is what i thought!! fuck the installer since it is her truck i am done with it i told her not to accept it like that but she did so she can handle it now, think i am going to take the 4-6 drop of of my nnbs cc and do a 6 inch fabtech with a 1.5 body lift i like riding high not worried about bumps and potholes what size tire can i run with that setup?

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
that is what i thought!! fuck the installer since it is her truck i am done with it i told her not to accept it like that but she did so she can handle it now, think i am going to take the 4-6 drop of of my nnbs cc and do a 6 inch fabtech with a 1.5 body lift i like riding high not worried about bumps and potholes what size tire can i run with that setup?
with the Fabtech and BL you could clear 37s w/ some trimming. Or you can run a spacer and BL and clear em with no problems. However, when you add the spacer you will need UCAs and youll want Coilovers soon :imo .

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Screw the body lift. Spacer 2" spacer and new upper control arms and be done. It would be riding nice on some 35s with plenty of room. You could trim it and get some 37s and be looking tough too.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Screw the body lift. Spacer 2" spacer and new upper control arms and be done. It would be riding nice on some 35s with plenty of room. You could trim it and get some 37s and be looking tough too.
Or do it all :evil: No Big Deal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts