GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I'm looking into some prices on lift kits and I got a couple estamates. I got one from 4WP for a pro comp 6" full drop kit, eagle alloy 058s" and 35" BFG A/Ts for $4,267.15 which inludes installation and tax and everything, labor is $889.00 is that too much? I called another lift shop today that said they could do a CST 6-8" kit installed with wheels and tires for around $3.500, basically what I want to know is how much should I pay for a 6" full drop lift kit installed with some eagle wheels and 315/75/16 BFG A/Ts?

·
Registered
187 Posts
500 would be a good install price, 800 is nuts.... go to tirerack.com thats what you should pay for the tires...btw, discount tire will sell tires for what tirerack sells them for

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Lifted00Z71 said:
The Pro Comp estimate is WAY to much. Go with the CST kit. It is much better then the Pro Comp, and its cheaper.
I wouldnt say its much better, a little maybe, but not that much.

$800 instal is a ripoff, i wouldnt pay more than $500. When I instal suspension lifts on peoples trucks (hopefully doing a few this summer) I typically charge like $250-$350 depending on the kit.

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
I wouldnt say its much better, a little maybe, but not that much.

$800 instal is a ripoff, i wouldnt pay more than $500. When I instal suspension lifts on peoples trucks (hopefully doing a few this summer) I typically charge like $250-$350 depending on the kit.
when im rich and buy a hardcore long travel you wanna install it :x

·
6,656 Posts
brock said:
when im rich and buy a hardcore long travel you wanna install it :x
Sure, you get it to where I am and ill instal it. If its in the next 4 years ill be here in texas, who knows after that (probably cali or texas, where the 4x4 market is)

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
you need to bring your ass to cali dark and become my truck slave installing whatever i want you to!!

·
6,656 Posts
haha. After college its going to really depend on where my GF gets into med school to where I go. After I work in some 4x4 shops for a few years to gain experiance, I will be opening my own somwhere.

Back on topic - 4wp typically charges 500-600 for an instal, when I had my lift installed it cost about 4500 BUT that included weld rims (much more than eagles and x-terrains back when they were alot more expensive.) so yeah they are trying to rip you hardcore.

9,778 Posts
I would go with the CST kit and install on that one man. That is way too much for the procomp kit (although it is supposedly a great kit).

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is 4WP a better installer or something, are they even a good installer does anyone have any complaints with them? The reason I went to 4WP in the first place is cuz they have been around for a long time and I thought they would have the experience. I think a smaller local shop can do just as good of a job. My main concern is a bad install and I know that can happen anywhere.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts