GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '13 1500 4x4 and I've been looking to lift my truck but have been running into to some brick walls and I was wondering could yall help me out.
>Ideally I wanted a 20x12 -44 wrapped in 35x12.5x20 federal couragia mt with 6" lift but my local shops are telling me I cant fit that on a plain jane lift without a leveling kit . I also wanted a little bulldog about 1-2" and a buddy of mine suggested a 5" RCX with blisteins 5100 adjustables but I'm not to familiar with them and how they work.
>So what I'm asking is there a way I can fit (20x12 -44 35x12.5x20) and still get a bulldog look or would I have to downsize to a 20x10 and -24 to get it.
>I just saw a 4" Rancho with 35x12.5x20 that looked pretty nice and is pretty close to what I want but they're charging me around 2800 installed and I think that's a little crazy

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
You'll need Atleast 9" a lift to fit 20x12 and 35s and you would likely still rub some. Best bet would be fabtech 6" which is actually 8", fts set at 9, or mcghaughys set at 9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I talked it over with a few people and decided to go with a 20x10 -24 and 33x12.5x20 with a 5" RCX now my next question is about the bulldog look. My guess would be to have them use a shorter block in the back when they install it. I'm no expert but it I had to say that would be it. And what about the blistein adjustables would that be a good alternative to the shorter block in the back and still keep a pretty smooth ride.

·
Go Big or Go home
523 Posts
By bulldog look you mean lean then yes smaller block in the back will work

Sent from the great white north eh

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
fts also makes a 10 and 15 inch if u wanna go real high

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea that 10" is out of the question lol it's my DD so I want to keep it pretty mild just set it off a bit . So since they could rub I would just need to trim off some of that plastic liner and should be good to right ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
My FTS is at 8" with x12 & 35s & I don't rub at all.
Wouldn't go any less than that though.

·
In Valor There Is Hope
8,277 Posts
I have 33s on x10s with 6.5" of lift and I JUST clear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Would the blisteins help me at all in this situation or should I just leave them alone. If they do what they say they do I could keep the block that comes with the kit and just slap those on to about 1" and have that subtle bulldog I'm looking for .

·
Registered
58 Posts
Bulldog is low and wide. And only looks good on obs trucks. What you're referring to I'd cali lean.

Get some Carolina squat going. That's what the cool kids do now anyway.

·
Go Big or Go home
523 Posts
I thought the cool thing was stock in the front with a 5" block and add a leaf in the back

Sent from the great white north eh

1 - 14 of 14 Posts