GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know nothing about nothing so I apologize in advamce! I'm here helping my fiancee piece out his 90 Chevy Suburban and PO installed a 4" lift to it. I need help identifying what the brand name of the lift is so we can give a price to sell it! These are picture I've already taken for other parts that show the lift. Help please I'm definitely new to this!
20190825_194031.jpg

20190825_194022.jpg

20190825_194009.jpg

·
Registered
144 Posts
Go to an off-road shop and ask, looks like an Old Man Emu lift but not sure. Ask someone at a 4x4 shop to take a look at it and tell them you want to replace it with the same on another 1990 and see what they say. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
n. fil-dert.
6,846 Posts
I was gonna guess Rancho. Since red shock boots. Scrape the shit off them shocks and bet that's what they used to say.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,234 Posts
Your best bet is just to list it as 4" lift springs. You are not going to gain much as the shocks are most likely past their service life. Some hillbilly might be into them but all in all they are worthless

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright, we got it! Pro comp explorer shocks with blocks! It's used so would yall think that 500(and wiggle room) obo is a good for price to sell?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright, we got it! Pro comp explorer shocks with blocks! It's used so would yall think that 500(and wiggle room) obo is a good for price to sell?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Considering there’s several similar kits with shocks brand new in the $600 range, and these look like they’ve been at the bottom of a lake, you might start at $200 and pray there’s someone making a woods truck that might want them.

But honestly if you do t want to run them, they’re probably just scrap.

·
Registered
144 Posts
It’s garbage, no one in their right mind would take anything that looked like that especially the shocks. The shocks look like they were used to unclog toilets at a Mexican restaurant. If you’re hard up for a few bucks I’d ask the off-road store the cost for new parts only and ask them how much you’d be able to get from someone. Problem is, old vehicle and horribly used parts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It’s garbage, no one in their right mind would take anything that looked like that especially the shocks. The shocks look like they were used to unclog toilets at a Mexican restaurant. If you’re hard up for a few bucks I’d ask the off-road store the cost for new parts only and ask them how much you’d be able to get from someone. Problem is, old vehicle and horribly used parts.

Okay I gotcha. Were not too surprised, the owner before the one we bought from did it. Weve only had this truck since March thanks though

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,234 Posts

Lol because people never sell used parts? Besides the shocks being garbage the rest is fine.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,234 Posts
People buy

People buy all the time. There is money to be had in used parts. You have to get your hands dirty which might be hard when you pay people to do your stuff.

She came here asking from the get go about what it is to sell you came in reading what you want. Than the if you are hard up for money shit. You sound arrogant as fuck.

·
Registered
144 Posts

I’m sure if you disassemble it all, throw away those nasty old shocks, clean up the rest you may get something for it. I’m sure there’s someone out there that has a 1990 style GM that may want it as part of a hunting project truck (bet that’s what the truck was used for),
Good luck

·
n. fil-dert.
6,846 Posts
Someone may trade for a CST lift but only if it includes a free hat

1 - 20 of 20 Posts