GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered everything may 12-- got the lift kit last week-- got it installed on wedsneday-- now my freakin truck is still sittin on jackstands waiting on bilstein 5100s to show up-- I mean really how long does it take to put some shocks& struts in a box and put in the mail. I'm ready to put my truck back together. I'm going to the range in the morning, and if the things arnt on my front porch by 3 I gotta tell ya Jon to be expecting another phone call

---end rant---

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
^^Yeah

Always wait until you have all parts to do the job. Don't expect things will show up, lots can happen to cause them to not.

·
just giver
133 Posts
You think youd wait till you had all of your parts to put your lift kit in

·
Bad Luck is all i got.
1,483 Posts
Yeah ummm maybe you haven't seen the news but there is flooding and tornadoes kicking the U.S. ass perhaps the truck with them is stuck somewhere.

Anyway why would you start without all the pieces? Let alone a MAJOR component like struts?

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
:popcorn:

·
MAG Autoworks
286 Posts
x2..

·
GET SOME!!!
589 Posts
Daniel,
Everything has slowed down on UPS deliveries here lately due to the storms.
I just got off the phone with UPS about your shocks. New delivery date is this Friday.

I understand your frustration, and customer satisfaction and fast shipping being my main concern, I cannot control the delivery guys.

I assure you if everything stays calm (which its supposed to for the next few days), you shouldnt have any issues getting them Friday.

Call me if you have any further concerns or questions. I dont drop a customer after a sale. Im here for the long run.

Again, I apologize for the inconvienence. Id run you a set myself if you werent so far away.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know guys & Jon I apprieciate all of your help-- and I know you can't control what goes on with ups. Just ready to get this thing put back together. On a side note I finally did put the rear bumper brackets on for the 1.5 bl-- they've only been sittin on a shelf in my shop for the last year lol

anyway specs will be:

5" rcx kit
bilstein 5100s cranked
.5" lower spacer
and zone 1.5 bl already installed

should be somewhere around between 8.5-9" total lift when down

·
GET SOME!!!
589 Posts
Here a bit of good news:
You will see the fronts today since I pulled them from a different warehouse. You can go ahead and finish the install and run the RCX rears until your rear Bilsteins show on Friday. Rears are easy to change out.

If you need anything else for your truck, let me know. Ill knock some extra $$ off for your troubles.

·
Ultra Mega Bro
642 Posts
Im ready to see the finished pictures. I am planning on doing the same for the front of mine.

·
Representin' Le Mit!
3,584 Posts
I know guys & Jon I apprieciate all of your help-- and I know you can't control what goes on with ups. Just ready to get this thing put back together. On a side note I finally did put the rear bumper brackets on for the 1.5 bl-- they've only been sittin on a shelf in my shop for the last year lol

anyway specs will be:

5" rcx kit
bilstein 5100s cranked
.5" lower spacer
and zone 1.5 bl already installed

should be somewhere around between 8.5-9" total lift when down
Are you going to put the bilsteins on the highest possible setting then?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sweet. Thanks Jon. Fronts were really what I've been waitin for--I can so I can finish the install. It's reasons like this that ive ordered from you before & reasons like this I'll keep ordering from you. Customer service is worth alot to me.

Cknaffle-- struts will be set to the highest setting-- hoping to achieve a lil over 7" in front suspension lift-- I just didn't want to run any bigger of a spacer than what came with the 5" kit

pics will be up after the install is finished

·
Registered
287 Posts
The truck is going to look Really good. Good luck with the install.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
What are you running for wheels/tires?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Struts showed up today--thanks Jon The ups man left them under my truck lol--- he brought something for my wife the other day and I was out there working on the truck so I guess he just figured to leave it there

Anyways I got both struts installed an that's about it. Gotta work at 6am so hopefully I'll get it finished up tommorrow

Thanks again Jon. I promise your above & beyond customer service will not be forgotton

1 - 20 of 21 Posts