GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, can somebody tell me how to get my damn lift to stop creakin? Its a fts and i hear they almost always creak really bad? I have gone through the front and rear more times than i can count makin sure all the bolts are tight. Its embarassing and im about to just weld the whole damn lift together. Pls help me somebody

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
My FTS creaks like crazy too....gotta get over it. I've gone over everything more times that I can count....

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that could quite possibly be true lol

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Jameson had the same problem with his fabtech, I dont know if he got it resolved or not but you might want to PM him or maybe he'll chime in here.

Oh and lets get more pics of the truck.

·
Dbs>Bitches.
3,616 Posts
It's like with a b/l To many bolts and drop downs.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Have you checked your shocks? My truck creeks because i have the wrong size bolt in my front shock. It requires a metric and i have a standard in there (or vice versa i forget) so the bushing is loose around the bolt and makes noises

·
Blown Daily
656 Posts
My lift has been on for over 6 years and I've never gone back to re-tighten anything... Absolutely silent... If the lift is creaking, you had better figure it out soon, that would make me nervous! If it's creaking, it's moving on you and will eventually come apart.

Jason

·
Could be
192 Posts
The leaf packs start to creak after a while. The nylon spacers between the leafs wear out. I usually spray some heavy duty silicone and it stops it for a few days, or until i go through a lot of water.

·
Registered
30 Posts
hey guys, can somebody tell me how to get my damn lift to stop creakin? Its a fts and i hear they almost always creak really bad? I have gone through the front and rear more times than i can count makin sure all the bolts are tight. Its embarassing and im about to just weld the whole damn lift together. Pls help me somebody
im guessing it creaks when u turn?? only way to stop it is to get a steering box brace a few race companys make it> i dont know much about it but i do know its the only way to shut it up lol

·
GMC Owner
1,464 Posts
My lift has been on for over 6 years and I've never gone back to re-tighten anything... Absolutely silent... If the lift is creaking, you had better figure it out soon, that would make me nervous! If it's creaking, it's moving on you and will eventually come apart.

Jason

You should prolly go check ur stuff man.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts