GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just bought a 2008 Silverado Crew Cab Z71 and im a little new to this lift kit stuff haha I was thinking about getting rough country 7.5" suspension lift and was wondering if anyone has heard anything bad about it? Does a lift that big wear ball joints/tie rods fast? Also wondering what your opinions are about other lift brands? Thanks

·
pootin' soot
3,510 Posts
you're good with that :thumbsup:

just avoid the RC 3" lift i believe or the 5" :think:

other people have the 7.5 and havent bitched on here yet

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
:think: I thought it was the other way around because of the spacer :shrug:

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
The 7.5"

·
Representin' Le Mit!
3,584 Posts
you're good with that :thumbsup:

just avoid the RC 3" lift i believe or the 5" :think:

other people have the 7.5 and havent bitched on here yet
I have the rough country 5" and there is a whole entire thread about it and I have never seen a complaint about this lift??:ninja:

...Anyways, people complain about the smaller 3.5" lift from Rough Country. I had the 7.5" on my '09 and it rode rough as hell which has a little to do with the rough country performance shocks they give you. Out of all of these choices if you want to go with the cheaper lift, I would pick the 5" rough country.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I want to spend around $1000 to $1600 on a lift and want the best in that price range and I want atleast a 5" to 7.5", its just i heard that rough country blows ball joints and rides bad

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the Superlift 6" on my 07 NNBS and I've had it on the truck for awhile and it rides smooth with no problems at all. If you do some searching around you can probably pick up a superlift for around your price range.

·
KISS
47 Posts
I want to spend around $1000 to $1600 on a lift and want the best in that price range and I want atleast a 5" to 7.5", its just i heard that rough country blows ball joints and rides bad
The balljoint issue comes from moving the mass of the wheel away from the spindle (offest).

No lift kit in that price range is going to give you any greater performance off road than stock because none of them give you any substantial increase in wheel travel The difference between the various kits will be shown in ride quality on the road.

So I'd spend my money on a body lift/leveling kit combo which you can get for $555, and I'd upgrade my shocks to some Bilsteins. http://www.central4wd.com/inventorydetail.aspx?page=id|96524;folder|98376

With no knuckles pushing my wheels out, and running a stock offset, I would not worry about ball joints.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts