GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm planning on lifting my '92 ECSB 2WD, it has the 5.7 350 w/ a 3.42 rear.

My plans:

Lift it using the CST 7" kit.

I would like to run the largest tire that I can WITHOUT having to regear. I'm thinking a 31" or 32".

What do ya'll think about this, and would it look ok with that size tire?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Sevenfold said:
Why not regear? Pretty inexpensive on a 2wd.
:word: Besides, 31 or 32 is practically stock, and would look downright silly with it 6 inches in the air. Hell, I'm sorta running 33's without any lift at all...
(and I have 3.42 gears)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, I don't want to go any larger than a 33", would running my 3.42s hurt me really bad (gas mileage and power)? Or would regearing, save me money in the long run?

New to the whole lifting scenario, so bear with me.

Thanks

·
Registered
832 Posts
like i said on FSC you need to run atleast 33s for it to look good. Regear to 4.56 that will give you the option of going to 35s after you get hooked, and want more lift and bigger tires. Regearing, is a good idea, but with 33s you can hold off for a while and wait for money to come in.

·
Bama Man
163 Posts
33's will still look too small, in my opinion. i would go with 35's. ive seen a 2wd suburban w/ 6 inches and he had 35's. as for regearing, a lot of my friends are running 35's with 3.42's. ive got 3.73's in my truck and i have no problems.

·
ridin low no mo'
643 Posts
33's will look proportional, my neighbor is running fabtech's 4" spindle with 3" body and 33 xterrains on 16x10 rims, and it looks right.

·
heavy on the skinny pedal
1,732 Posts
to regear my rear its going to be 1200 but that with labor, detriot witch is close to 600 for a ten bolt, ring and pinion and master install.

·
heavy on the skinny pedal
1,732 Posts
yeah it could be done for cheaper but with that price everything in the pumpkin will be new. And if i would just do gears it would be around 550.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts