GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if I could put 285s on a stock Silverado or do I have to have a lift? I currently have 265s. Thanks a lot.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
they fit no problem on stock rims, heres some pics of mine with 285/75 BFG ATs

Sorry they arnt better, I dont have many of when I had those on, I only ran them for about 6 months.

·
DWS Division.
720 Posts
have some on mine on 8" rims and rarely rubbed before the b/l, now i can't get them to rub lol

Sig pic is B4 the b/l

·
Registered
413 Posts
yea i fit 285/75's on my tahoe no problem. dark, i never knew you had a blue truck haha. the only pic i had seen was the one in ur sig.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
jgood2709 said:
yea i fit 285/75's on my tahoe no problem. dark, i never knew you had a blue truck haha. the only pic i had seen was the one in ur sig.
You would be shocked at how many people say that, your the 2nd in 2 days. I bet since Ive started putting up sigs Ive had 20 peopel say it. Just happens to be most of my sigs are of my truck muddy.

·
DWS Division.
720 Posts
You should make that a sticky thread..."The results are in... and DARK ETERNALS TRUCK IS BLUE!!"

·
Registered
7 Posts
If your question is to lift or not, believe me I would say a BIG YES. I went a year trying to decide on a lift, wheels, and tires and finally made my decisions and got all of it on about 2 months ago. I'm just sorry that it took me so long to make up my mind but it was well worth the wait because driving a lifted truck is so much different than stock. It rides and drives as good or even better than stock. If you get the chance to lift your truck, I would say go for it because you'll never regret it.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I put those on my truck before my BL, the only thing is, that it will rub when you have the wheel turned all the way.

·
Total Eclipse Smokefiend
174 Posts
285's fit no problem. I have some worn bfg at's on my 94 halfton, and my 97 3/4 ton is getting a set here in the next 6 months.

I know of a few guys that ran around on 36's for awile with no lift (I know one locally and he didn't cut or anything, but they were extremely narrow tires). There was also a guy on FSC that ran 36's with no lift, but I have no idea where pictures or any information is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts