GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
****** Chiludo
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any pictures of a OBS truck with this lift on it?

The lift is a Rancho 3.0 in. Front/1.5 in. Rear lift.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
all that is, is a wild ass torsion bar crank.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
basic TB crank except the diff is dropped a small bit, and the UCA relieves the ball joint angle a bit. Your lower ball joints are still angles as are your tie rods.

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,666 Posts
looks like my old Rough Country lift, only without TB's

·
****** Chiludo
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would this lift be better than a TB crank? This would go on my work truck and I tear the hell out of it....

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
yeah how is this lift compared to doing ford keys and blocks? also anyone got a link to that kit. I cant find it anywhere. Thanks.

·
****** Chiludo
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I saw it in Summit, Here :bowtie:

·
Registered
424 Posts
I had that lift on a 90' stepside running 32x12.5 on 15x10" rims with mickey T baja's for about a year. I didn't know much about lifts and cv angles back then but I chewed through idler and pitman arms like crazy with that setup. Plus it didn't drive that well. I would NOT recomend that kit unless you intend on leaving your stock rims and nothing bigger than 285's. After a years time, I swapped out that lift kit for a trailmaster 4" full drop kit, and then drove for another 80k without going through another idler or pitman arm... Like someone said above, save and get a "true suspension lift" or do a body lift. I personally don't think that kits worth the money or time to install it for what you get out of it.. Plus it never fails, you'll always want bigger after you start lifting.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts