GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
RIP Jason Payne
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my PA body lift today for my 92 2 door yukon but it'll still be 2-3 months before i can get the suspension lift here. My question is should I wait for the suspension lift to come to put on the body lift to save time and trouble? Or is it an easy enough job to install in a day and leave it at that for awhile? I just want some feedback on what you guys did, both at the same time.. or at different times. Thanks for any help - Layne

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
I'd say put it on now because a body lift is a PITA. Plus it'd be easier to jack up your cab and bed while its stock height. Also, the mork you try to do at once, the better chance you have at making a mistake.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I dont see how a body lift is a PITA at all. I have done 2 by myself and helped on 2 others and they are very SIMPLE IMO. And will be doing another one on mine in a couple of weeks. The only PITA is if you have to fab brackets for a grill gaurd.

But for sure do the body lift first since it will be easier to jack the cab up.

·
RIP Jason Payne
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aight cool, going on saturday then I guess. Hopefully it wont take too long so I can test it out sunday. :head:

Also another question, my 4x4 linkage between the in-cab control and the front differential broke and im stuck in 2wd.. Is the easy to fix? Will I need to buy a new part(if so part number and/or name) or can one be made? Thanks for any help, trying to get the truck ready for the farm on sunday.

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Well its a pretty simple piece so you should be able to replace it yourself. Sorry, I don't have any part numbers on it.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I've put on a body lift and its not an easy job. Its harder than the suspension. It took me the whole day with 3 people and it sat there in the driveway for a day because I had to get someone to weld the extensions for the steering on. Also, you will have to aline your truck twice if you do the lifts at separate times. :flame:

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
If the body lift is easier then the suspension then I should have no trouble at all. So im glad to hear you think the body is harder.

Also why would you need to get an alignment after a body lift? I never have, if you dont mess with the alignment then I dont see why. And every body lift I have done I didnt have to mess with anything that would throw off the alignment.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
uhh yeah, you dont need to get an alignment after a bodylift. I can do them BY MYSELF in about 6 hrs or less. They really arnt hard. Also im guessing what broke is your actuator, so search on info for that.

·
Registered
703 Posts
If your truck is stock and you havnt really abused it much then the suspension should not be very hard at all depending on what kit you go with. The main problem people have is getting everything to line up right but like i said if your truck hasnt gone through much abuse then the suspension lift should go on pretty easy.

As for the body lift....ive put 2 on and assisted in another. I dont know if id say its a difficult task but definately if its your first time messing with a body lift there will be some confusion especially if you got a couple bags full of hardware and no papers telling you what is what :insane:

·
Registered
703 Posts
If it is your actuator and your truck is an OBS, make sure you goto a dealership to get the new one which is electrically engaged. You have to put in a new wire harness for it but its worth ditching the old heat activated POS which seems to like to give up pretty often

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
well if you have a 4wd i wasnt aware they had a 7" kit. I ran the Fabtech on my 99 NBS with body lift on 37's on 8" rim and 36-14.50 on 10" rims just fine. Rubbed just a bit...

We are talking a bout 7"+3" on a 2wd

·
Registered
724 Posts
I was talkin about my older truck , it was 4WD and I put a body lift on it. Now I have a new truck and just put a 7" Fab Tach Suspension lift on it and it is 2WD.

·
RIP Jason Payne
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
4x4 fixed! Took a little muscle but i t wasent anything serious, the linkage was just disconected.

Ill probably be doing the body lift tomorrow or monday, hopefully all will turn out well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts