GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Team Black
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cousin is thinking of lifting his truck and I have no idea about lifts and brands.

He has a 2007 silverado classic 2wd and wants to get a 6" lift or just bring the front up 2".

whats the best way to bring the front up 2" and what brand?

and what are some good brands for a 6" lift?

TIA

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
coil spacer to level it out, spindles can lift and add a bodylitft.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Don't know if it would work...but he could have my entire set up if he wanted it. I regretted lifting my truck a week after it was done. Live and Learn...

...oh but the 7" Pro Comp is IMO the best bang for the buck...clears true 35"s with minor trimming, clears my small 35"s no prob (valence trimming).

EDIT: Heres a pic. 01 w/ 7" ProComp w/ 315/70-17 BFG AT's on 17 x 9 procomp 1069's
100_0320.jpg

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
If he wants cheap get rough country spindles

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hi, all i am twankydeuce cousin I do have a few questions about lifiting my truck as well such as what are some of the disadvantges of doing it and, what else will i might end up changing besides the tires and the suspension ?

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
Hi, all i am twankydeuce cousin I do have a few questions about lifiting my truck as well such as what are some of the disadvantges of doing it and, what else will i might end up changing besides the tires and the suspension ?
Do you have a v8 or v6

If you want to run bigger than a 33 inch tire you may want to regear let us know what size and we can help you

How big do you want

just leveled--coil spacers
a little higher than a stock z71--3-4 inch spindles and 2 inch blocks run 32 or 33 inch tires
big-7 inch pro comp,fabtech,cst 35s may want to regear
really big 7 inches plus body lift 36-37s want to regear

Spence and klemmentine on here can help you alot more good luck

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
I have the 07 classic 4.8 v8 i already have stock 17's i was thinking of maybe running 35's on twentys?
to do that I would run the pro comp 7" and a 2" coil spacer or a 3" body lift. That would be the cheapest most reliable setup. I would do the body lift over the coil spacers though.

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
I have the 07 classic 4.8 v8 i already have stock 17's i was thinking of maybe running 35's on twentys?
Yeah

I would go with a 7 inch lift and 3 inch body

Tires depends on how much you want to spend and if you want mud grips,all terrains

Also you may want to regear to 4.56 gears

·
Registered
236 Posts
well i definatly want to do the suspension lift dont really want to do a body lift. i was thinking of a 6 inch suspension lift with the 35's on the twentys?

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
You could do it but you may have to trim a little

Maybe the spacers like randomhero said and the 7 inch suspension on 35s

You would be looking at prolly close to 1500 for lift

then tires and rims

regearin prolly 5-600

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
dude I just thought of this. He should drive down to Houston and swap shit with TrainWreck06. He has the 7" fabtech/3" body and 35's on 20's. I know he wanted to get rid of his stuff. They could swap rear ends too.

·
Registered
236 Posts
so i wouldnt nesscarly need a new trany just have get them regeared and possibly will need bigger brakes if i wer to do it?

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
dude I just thought of this. He should drive down to Houston and swap shit with TrainWreck06. He has the 7" fabtech/3" body and 35's on 20's. I know he wanted to get rid of his stuff. They could swap rear ends too.
Yeah that would be perfect

·
Registered
236 Posts
nah i dont want to due that for one my truck is bran new i just got it im not doing this anytime soon im just doing my research and everything now and plus i dont want the body life i just want the suspension lift becuase it is only a 2wd truck as well.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
nah i dont want to due that for one my truck is bran new i just got it im not doing this anytime soon im just doing my research and everything now and plus i dont want the body life i just want the suspension lift becuase it is only a 2wd truck as well.
His is just about brand new also. I think he has an 06 and it hardly ever gets driven. Somebody needs to post some pics of TrainWreck06's ride to persuade Frado.

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
ok 7 inch suspension and coil spacers and you dont really need better brakes

regearing will help your transmission and retain power

·
Registered
236 Posts
lol, im not gonna be persuaded. This is still a idea its not a defiante yet anyway but a 7 inch lift get a coil spacer, and re gearing the trany will stop it from going out from the extra load right ?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts