GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
04 silverado 1500, I'm about to order an rcx 4" ntd for my truck but I do not like the tall lift blocks the kit comes with. I'm thinking that I will run an AAL and 2" lift shackle for a total of around 4" lift in the rear and crank to level or an inch of lean. Obviously the AAL is self explanatory and won't hurt anything, but how does everybody feel about lift shackles? I've heard mixed reviews and my worry is that the shackle will be too short.

I do use my truck as a truck so it gets loaded down from time to time, I do pull trailers sometimes and it occasionally gets used offroad, and I'm looking to at least keep all of these capabilities if not make them better.

So what's y'all's opinion on the 2" lift shackles?

·
FoTfive'dpokinoutdaside
2,295 Posts
You talking about a shackle flip?

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
A 4" lift will not come with a tall lift block. IMO run the RCX stuff.

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
A 4" lift will not come with a tall lift block. IMO run the RCX stuff.
This. All you need is a 3" block & AAL. Done

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replys guys. The kit Comes with a 5" block. NBS 4x4s come with factory 2" blocks and if I do install the rcx block it will only be temporary. I want the add a leaf so my truck doesn't sag so bad in the rear whenever I have it loaded up.

Not sure if my springs are sagging or what but I can put probobly 400 pounds back there and I'm sitting like an inch away from the bumpstops. And the overload leaf doesn't hardly do anything because I hit the bumpstops before the overload has any real weight on it.

I want 6" of lift total and was going to buy the 4" kit because it comes with a smaller block (otherwise they are the exact same lift). If it comes down to it I may have to run the 5" block and an AAL until I can afford lift springs. Maybe I misunderstood but I thought you could get a couple inches out of lift shackles?

Sorry for the confusion, it seems like anything I do is way more confusing than it should be. But I'm not a huge fan of an airbag setup, I think they have there place but not in my application, and I don't trust blocks and wouldn't want run one over 3", especially considering I do tow and it sees some offroad use, also I don't want that much axle wrap.

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
Don't over complicate this. We already told you what to do. Stop using the term "lift shackle". With a tension shackle, in order to get lift, it has to be shorter. If you want 2" lift from a shackle, you would need a 4" shorter shackle. Doesn't make sense.

The RCX block is actually a nice piece as it is fabricated and has a large contact area for the springs IIRC. As long as your u-bolts are tightened correctly, you will have no issue.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,708 Posts
I ran the same 5" block and had no issues. and yes your leaf pack is worn out. An aal is just a bandaid anyway as the rest of your leaf pack is shot

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
sdtrucksprings.com

Get some 2500HD springs.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the insight guys

1 - 11 of 11 Posts