GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been asked before, and I know that most think its a bad idea, but...

the 10"-12" Cognito lift that sevenfold just put on his truck (correct me if I'm wrong) is a 10" drop and the 2" is from the t-bars, not 12" drop and total of 14" w/ the bars? If thats the case, then my 3" body, 6" PC, and ford keys(2") will give me 11" of lift. Why is it possible for him to run 38s w/ what looks like plenty of room, and 38s is not a good idea or good fit on my setup? The reason I ask is because I really want to run 38-15.50-16 SSRs, but if I must I will settle for 37-12.50-16s. I just think that the wider tires would look better on my truck since its so long.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
The cognito is at least an inch taller, which does make a differece. I wouldnt try to run 38s on just a 6+3, its what I have now with ford keys and yaeh, I just wouldnt try it.

·
Registered
832 Posts
A guy on FSC has 38x15.50s on a 6+3 with some cranking. He says he has no rubbing on road, which i believe, however they will rub offroad. If you want to try just do it, if they dont fit drive around for a bit and they will make themselves fit.

·
2,451 Posts
There is a guy on FSC with the SN mudhungry and he has that same set up. Body lift, procomp, ford keys and 38" SSR's on 16x10 and says he has no rubbing. Also vhato's friend had same set up as well but with a 6" superlift, and he said he never rubbed his fenders with his set up.

·
2,451 Posts
Blue Z Cowboy said:
Mudhungry has stock wheels, at least thats what the pics show
he did have stockers and 38x13 tsls, but he just bodylifted it and added the 38" ssr's on 16x10 classic II's

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help, I looked on fullsizechevy and found the guy w/ that setup. His truck looks pretty good and it seems like it should work, still got some thinking to do.

It seems that most of the problems associated w/ 38s on NBS are tierods and steering comonents, I might hold off on installing the lift and buy the cognito steering setup and install that during the lift install. I ran into some problems, was going to install it this past weekend, but will now have to wait. I think it worked out for the best, I want traction bars, dual shocks, cognito steering, and gears, but was planning on doing it in steps, might be better to do it all at once? Time to spend some more $$$

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
cutouts would work for those 38's you crave, all i can tell you is my 36's still rub ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts