GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some quick pictures that I took a few months ago. It was just after swapping from a TrailMaster to the Full Throttle lift (should have went with this in the first place :) ).

Performance mods include a Volant induction, ported throttlebody, Poweraid throttlebody spacer, The Other Guys mid-length headers, Direct Hits Ignition. Comp Cam, Crane roller rockers, Flex-A-Lite electric fans and Westers' programming.

Suspension and appearance - 6.5" Full Throttle lift, GM's "green keys" and cranked up the torsion bars to get a total front lift of about 8" The rear was lifted with a set of 4" Deaver springs and a 2.5" block. 18x10 American Eagle 102 wheels are wrapped with 325/65/18 Nitto TerraGrappler tire (35s), ProComp skid plate, Westin step bars, PIAA airdam with 40 series driving lights, billet grills, Stage I HID low beams and a polished driveshaft.

The stock cloth seat covers were replaced with leather and I also added a Delphi XM satellite radio receiver.

Upcoming mods include a set of 4.56 gears, 36 or 37" tires and possibly a Paxton supercharger

You'll notice that the polished tailpipe didn't stay polished for to long. I've been waiting for Corsa to come out with a split rear system for the 8.1 but they only have one with tailpipes that come out behind each tire. So I'm going to keep the stock muffler (like it quiet) and break that off into dual that exit under the bumper. It will be finished off with 4" polished stainless steel tips.

The gears will be upgraded as soon as I can find a set of 4.56s for the front. Anyone know where I can find a new set? These things are on backorder everywhere! :(

Tom

2002 8.1 Silverado HD - Comp Cam, TOGs headers, Volant induction, Direct Hits ignition, 8" lift 18" wheels/tires + more
2002 8.1 Suburban -Intercooled Whipple supercharger, TOGs headers, Volant induction, 22" wheels/tires + more - 407hp/558 ft-lb torque at the rear wheels.

www.tbyrnemotorsports.com

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! I located some front 4.56s today so there will be a gear upgrade going on in a few weeks.

As for gas mileage.... I try not to think about it! 9-10 for a mix of city/highway driving and maybe close to 12 if I'm real nice ot it on the highway. I usually get 11-12 from the Suburban.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How do you like your Full Throttle lift so far?
Just noticed that I missed your question. This lift is MUCH better than the TrailMaster that I was using. I wanted to a left quick so I was able to get that one in a day. I should have went with the FT instead. The quality and ride is much better plug I got more height with less cranking. Lift laws are strict where I am so the truck's current height is pushing it.

2002 8.1 Silverado HD - Comp Cam, TOGs headers, Volant induction, Direct Hits ignition, 8" lift 18" wheels/tires + more
2002 8.1 Suburban -Intercooled Whipple supercharger, TOGs headers, Volant induction, 22" wheels/tires + more - 407hp/558 ft-lb torque at the rear wheels.

www.tbyrnemotorsports.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts