GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 2WD Silverado and I just recently bought a 3” Rough Country lift kit to put on. I also have 2 or 3” coil spring spacers and I was wondering if I could install both of these to achieve a larger lift for cheaper than buying a 4.5 or 6” lift kit... Does anyone know if this is possible? Thanks!

Rough Country 3” Lift

·
n. fil-dert.
7,009 Posts
What all is involved in the 3" kit, just lift spindles? If so you can certainly run those with your spring spacers. I believe the lift kit just combines knuckles (spindles) and springs but probably comes with upper control arms to improve ball joint angles. What does your down travel/bj angle look like now with the spacers?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don’t have the spacers on the truck yet. I was going to put them on but I decided I wanted to fit 33s so I bought the rough country lift thinking I could pair it with the spacers.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
3" spindle kit alone should clear a 285/33". I personally wouldnt run any larger than a 2" spacer to make sure you can achieve a good alignment and keep some ride quality. If im not mistaken, you'll also need to either run shock extenders or get longer shocks to accomodate the spacer level if you choose to run it. The shocks included in the RC kit are just "upgraded" stock length shocks as you are achieving lift from lower spindle mounting points opposed to "extending" the suspension if that makes sense.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually just measured and they are only 1.5” spacers... Also I looked at the shocks that came with the kit and they are the same ones that rough country includes in their 4.5” lift kit... Although I probably should have ordered the 4.5” lift instead of the 3”, I think using a 1.5” coil spacers should produce the same lift and ride quality, correct?

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
not sure. depends on spring rate opposed to stock. Likely to be slightly harsher than stock but bearable, same with the spacer you have.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,440 Posts
If you want more than the spindles just get the 6". Not worth the stiffer ride. I have the 6" on mine from rc and it rides pretty close to stock when you factor in the tires.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
If you want more than the spindles just get the 6". Not worth the stiffer ride. I have the 6" on mine from rc and it rides pretty close to stock when you factor in the tires.
IMO, and would accomodate a 33" on any spec of wheel

1 - 11 of 11 Posts