GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Cartmans Critters
8,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What front shocks are you running? Stem to Loop?
Im still having problems finding a shock thatll fit.
My fabtechs on the front now are 22.5ext 13.75coll.

I gotta send back these bilsteins I got.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I have lifted my truck twice and never ran front shocks. Lifted a buddies crew cab and he doesnt run front shocks. Those coils are so stiff it really rides good, with no bounce up front or anything. After they start to soften up im sure they would help but have you ever ran your truck without front shocks?

·
Cartmans Critters
8,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have lifted my truck twice and never ran front shocks. Lifted a buddies crew cab and he doesnt run front shocks. Those coils are so stiff it really rides good, with no bounce up front or anything. After they start to soften up im sure they would help but have you ever ran your truck without front shocks?
Nope never, so youre saying my fabtechs that I know are blown right now, that I might aswell leave them in cause its the same as no shock?

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I'm not saying to not run shocks. But I never have and it rode damn good and saw no need to install them. Unless you notice a difference it wont hurt to not run any :imo But if the front end is doing alot of bouncing then you need to put some in there.

·
Cartmans Critters
8,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I have bilstein 11" travel 5125s out the back.

Ok well it looks like Ill get the 8.5" travel 5125s with eye to eye and put a eye to stem conversion mount on it.

Itll probably be 2 weeks or so before everything is mailed to me but Ill let you guys know the outcome.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Yea right now i have the 7" fabtech lift on with the factory fabtech shocks in the rear, and it just bounces all over the place.

How big is your rear block? I have a set of rancho 9000 adjustable shocks for the rear I would like to sell. Im used them with a 2" block out back but not sure if they would work with a 4" or not.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts