GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my truck lifted and I'm running 37" tires with 4.88 gears. We went for the first test drive then the ABS and Brake lights came on.
Now I did a search and people say to use a programmer to fix the problem. I didn't buy a power programmer but I bought a Tru-speed Calibrator but hven't installed it. Before I open the package, Will a Superlift TruSpeed Calibrator fix this problem? Or do I need a programmer.....

·
higher hights
11 Posts
I have the same problem with my 5.13s...ABS and brake light...its pissing me off, let me know if you solve the problem. i like know shoots!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sup fellow Hawaiian!!
I just found a post on another forum that said that it should work. I'll try it tomorrow.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Yes it will the PCM still thinks you hsve stock gears and tires. butis gettitng s false signal from the vss and the front wheels that do not match up...... programming will fix it. My abs light stays on now that i had to pounf out wheel studs a while back. just something to live with ABS ist that great IMO.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
some trucks the programmer will fix this and some wont. my tune didnt fix it on my truck with new gears and tires. its nothing wrong with your abs the sensors are just going off. there are two things you can do if you already tried a tune, one is go to the dealer and get your BCM recalibrated and some wont do it because the tires are past the limit chevy allows and some wont mind. another thing to do is purchase a little adapter to the radio i believe that disables all chimes so you wont hear it beep when its going off.

no matter what i would do a programmer or tune to calibrate your speed and help performance. and if that doesnt fix it i would go to the dealer for the bmc calibration, if you want to go the cheaper route just get the chime disabler.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I have an 06 lifted and had the same problem. My Superchips programmer fixed it. Hypertech won't go over a 33" tire for future reference.

I like the Superchips, it was easy to use and made the truck perform much better.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Since I have the Truspeed, I'll try that first, if it doesn't work, I'll sell it...Thanks for all the help guys. I'll post pics later.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
any, i would suggest a custom tune, regular programmer just isnt worth the money

·
Registered
808 Posts
my hypertech goes to 40" and 5.38s.
Really??? I bought one originally for some reason I wanted that over the Superchips. When I put it in it only went up to a 33! Maybe they changed something due to losing business to SC?

Good to know, I apologize for spreading false information. Someone :pow: me.

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
You do realize even if the programmer only goes to a 33" tire, as long as you can edit the rear end ratio you can just calculate the final drive ratio and pick one in the 33" range that is similiar right?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Okay, after reading on the Superlift website, the superlift truspeed calibrator will work, but to clear the abs light for gear ratio 4.56 and lower, you will need an additional part number 34000 to correct the abs signal. Damn thing cost $90. For a hundred dollars more I could have bought a programmer. This is why sales people suck, I wish they told me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts