GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2003 Silverado 1500 4x4 with 8'' suspension, 3'' body. I have been chasing a shake/bounce vibration in my truck for a few months now. The shake happens with 2 different sets of tires & wheels (not a tire problem). I have solved 60% of the shake from replacing the following parts.

* Steering:

Idler & Pitman arms (w/ support brackets)
Custom Tie Rods w/ Heim joints
Custom Idler Pivot Assembly

* CV Axles (both sides)
* Rear drive shaft U-joints (both)
* Inspected Both front wheel hubs (no play)

The shake acts as follows:
0-40mph - - - No Shake
40-55mph - - Bad Shake (shimmies steering wheel slightly)
55-80+mph - Shakes a little, faster pace but less violent

I am posting because I am totally out of ideas for what could be continuing to causing the shake....

Any advice would be much appreciated.....

·
Registered
40 Posts
do you have a CV front driveline??
that might be it if you have stock
most chevy get vibration front stock front drive line after being lifted, i had to get a CV one w/ a 6" lift

·
Registered
330 Posts
well sense you have done all that have you checked the bushing in the upper and lower control arms. This is just a thought.

·
Registered
40 Posts
correction on my post, vibration w/o cv front driveline is in autotrac models
and liek said above check the a arm bushing

my truck was getting very similar symptoms and it was my front wheel hub/bearings and a arm bushings, and im at 130k miles

·
Maniac
692 Posts
Check the shocks while you are checking bushings,. check the ball joints and the tre's

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
do you have a steering stabilizer on it?

·
GMC Owner
1,464 Posts
make sure your tires are in balance. Some tire shops are lazy and dont balance BIG tires very well. They wont put enough weight on or they put too much on, and just assume it will be fine. Get your tires balanced by a reputable shop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts