GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
GMC Owner
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since lifting my truck ive realized how hard it is to jack the truck up in the garage. since its so much taller i usually have to jack it up take the wheels off, and then lower it onto the jack stands so that my jack stands arent totally maxed out. then when i want to put the wheels back on, i gotta jack the truck up again off the jack stands and put the wheels on...

but anyways.

just curious where do you guys put your stands at when ur workin on ur rigs? i usually use either the front or rear subframe from my RCX kit. there really isnt anywhere else to put it, at least i dont think so.

·
Bad Luck is all i got.
1,483 Posts
I usually use the front subframe with a railroad tie and jack then get the jackstands under the lca's and leave them all there and put the tires under the tb drop down in case the truck were to fall

·
03 Silverado in progress
692 Posts
I do the same thing as Blake except I use a 8x8 instead of a cross tie

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
I put my jack stands under the frame and under the rear axle. 12 tons FTW
Yeah, you can get 12 tons at HF or northern tool for like $70. Get those and be done with it.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
I just jack up one side...slide under a jackstand. drop it down and do the same on the otherside......one of the perks of SFA's.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
I put my 6tons under the frame where it is "channeled" for the cab area.

·
AllOffTopic.com FTW!
8,460 Posts
As someone with no experience jacking off lifted trucks, can you guys tell me why cinderblocks are such a bad idea? Is it the instability of piling stuff, or are they prone to crumble?

·
Respect mah authoritah!
11,152 Posts
As someone with no experience jacking off lifted trucks, can you guys tell me why cinderblocks are such a bad idea? Is it the instability of piling stuff, or are they prone to crumble?
crumble and break under pressure.

·
GMC Owner
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
this is good. like i said in my first post i use the front subframe then put the jack in between them as added projection.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
we had 12"x12" wood cushions to go under ours each one is 4"s tall made from 2x4s and ply wood and we have about 6 of them to move where we need them, cheap simple and it works

1 - 19 of 19 Posts