GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would a 97-99 Ford Ranger look good lifted? How high? How much? Tell me all you know and your own opinion plz.

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
Uh, y r u asking this in a GM forum?

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I've seen them with small 4" and under lifts and it's not too bad looking... They perform pretty decent to off road, last one I saw was flipped on it's lid though...

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
willyswanter said:
last one I saw was flipped on it's lid though...
Yeah they dont work as well when they are like that, its a mod you should try to avoid.

On a serious note, look into a 4-6" lift and maybe some 33s or 35s, I think it would look pretty good. I am no ford expert, far from it actually, but if I remember right they use a torsion bar suspension in the rangers (I know they do now, not sure if they did then). If so the lift will probably be very similar to any other TB ifs lift, either a full drop or extended steering knuckle design.

·
DWS Division.
720 Posts
Saw a few nicely outfitted rangers at the beach this spring break, i looked at one when i was getting anew truck...just not big enough for my taste, barely fit 3 people in an ext cab...not good for me..but my buddy had an '00 ranger 4x4 and it made it thru some really bad stuff offroad and kept impressing...but he did end up trading for a bowtie :bowtie:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im going to get a silverado and lift it, thats for sure. Its just.. I might be getting a ford ranger for a temporary ride until i have enough money to buy the silverado straight out. '96 Silverado im going to have 3'' performance accessories BL with a 6'' Rancho lift i THINK... Then im going to get 36'' A/T tires..Good? (Btw.. how much will all that cost (besides truck) I came out to around..2300$)

·
6,656 Posts
2300????!!!! uhhh nooooooo

The lift is probably like 1200-1500, not sure exactly, 300 more for body lift and gap guards, tires will be probably 1000, then you will want aftermarket rims taht will be 600 or so. Thats NOT including instal, you cn count on 500+ for instal easy.

your going to be spending more like 4000+

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
[hijack]I noticed on this thread and a few others now that body lifts are $300+ now? When I bought mine back about 5 years ago it was $119 with bumper brackets and all from Performance Accy's... Thats a rip off for a few pieces of plastic and bolts[/hijack]

·
6,656 Posts
mine was 230 for the kit with bumper brackets, 50 for gap guards and rigth about 20 shipping it to me, totaled out at like $304

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i can get the lift installed for free, i know friends that work at a car accessories place. Well for the LIFT only itll be like 1600-1800$ huh?

·
6,656 Posts
for the suspension+body, yeah thats about right I would think, I havnt priced OBS lifts but your in the right range.

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
willyswanter said:
[hijack]I noticed on this thread and a few others now that body lifts are $300+ now? When I bought mine back about 5 years ago it was $119 with bumper brackets and all from Performance Accy's... [/hijack]

Yeah, it seems that alot of people forget that for other body styles (and/or makes of trucks, for that matter) prices vary. You can still get '88-'98 body lifts for around $125-$150. For some reason, PA jacked up the prices for the '99+ trucks..... And I just checked 4WP website, you can get a '98-'00 Ranger 3" BL for $141.62. :read: :anitoof:

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Jeff said:
rangers look damn cool with so cal pre-runner styling. just my opinion
:word: Some of them ive seen like that dont look too bad...still like my fullsize GMs a lot better...

·
Chevrolet Owner
315 Posts
Jeff said:
rangers look damn cool with so cal pre-runner styling. just my opinion
A buddy of mine that i work with did that, he actually put a 3" lift in the front with billstiens and lowered the back 2" and put fox shocks through the bed, he also put the fiberglass fenders in the frong and back. he fit 33"s on it and it looks badass

·
FEARS NO POTHOLE
311 Posts
if you go with a 93-97 2wd ranger it will have i beams which are pretty easy to lift. if you do lift it stay away from using brackets, try to get bent beams and extended radius arms. i would also advise to get one with a 4.0L because the 2.9L and 2.3L are kinda lacking if you plan on putting one larger tires. you can get a crap load of info off this website for rangers: www.therangerstation.com my last truck was a 91 explorer which has the exact same suspension setup as a ranger...these should give you a few ideas.

·
FEARS NO POTHOLE
311 Posts
Jeff said:
kickass explorer :rocking:
ya i kinda miss her now...i used to romp thew shit out of it.
i also miss the no payments and cheap insurance, she had 160k on the odometer, and the tranny was about to give so i sold her and used the money as a down payment. stupid 16 year old kid that bought her rolled her after like a month.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts