GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Texas Rebels!
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just sold my 04 z71 & looking at a new z71. I'm from the lifted section & plan to stay lifted but want to change it up & use bags in the rear. I've been trying to read as much as possible before posting but got some questions.

I'm looking at a 14" lift in the front so I want a bag that can come close to that for the rear. Been looking at Slam RE7 bags. I'm going for this truck set-up exactly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrOETxl5K0c

Also... If I run dual compressors & have each bag on a different switch can I have one bag up & one down? Like to lean the truck to one side ( WITHOUT having the front on bags)??? I think I can but just wondering about frame twisting... Thinking parrele 4 linked rear...

Thoughts...... and sorry for being a new to yalls section!:shake:

·
Texas Rebels!
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one loves me!!!:bawl:

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
you know dual compressor's have nothing to do with individual bag inflation and deflation right? yes you will be able to his a sort of side if you dump one side and fill the side. dont worry about frame twisting, i doubt you will be hard enough on it to mess it up. and a = 4 link will be fine. just make sure you have someone who knows what they are doin when you set it up and you will be fine.

·
Which One?
239 Posts
i think parallel is the way to go.

you can inflate one side and not the other, but, with the front not bagged, i dont think you'll be able to lean much. I mean with that amount of lift, i dont think, with three corners lifted, that the fourth would go down too much without a lot of weight or force, and with that, i think you could start thinking about your frame.

good luck!

·
To busy too care
281 Posts
Re7's are not going to give you the lift that you want. That truck in the video has what they call a triple play bag. Its like an re7 and an re8 but it has another rib to make tha bag longer. A lifted truck will typical use a lot larger bag to get the travel. Kelderman air ride makes crazy kits for 4wd trucks and it gives you between 12-20" of lift.

BTW, to do left and right, you need 2 valves for lift, 2 for dump, and 2 on/off/on switches. The amount of compressors and size tank(s) is your preference

·
LAID OUT TIRE FRYER
1,992 Posts
the bags for the rear of the kelderman kit would be good for the rear. a parallel 4-link, 4 valves, and some king shocks would be sweet. but im curious, why not the front? alot of guys run the lift and then replace the coils with the same bags with torsion bag mounts.

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
Those are contitech triple bellows. If you want that much lift out of a slam bag you'll have to run a bag on the bar setup and use leverage.

You'll need 4 valves if you want to hit sides. 2 valves per bag. One fill and one to dump the air.

·
Banned
4,048 Posts
I would do a triangulated 4link or parrallel 4link with wishbone. Do NOT put a panhard bar with that much travel.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Do a setup like this lol

Seriously though email Jason at www.katkustoms.com. He can hell you out with just about anything and order you the parts you need as well

·
Registered
451 Posts
I debated on running a bad setup, but what came through my mind in the long run if something were to come up and hit your ba and instantly deflate the bag, meaning one corner drops, shoves into fenderwell and you flip over being so high. assuming youll be runing at least 40's with a 14" lift.... Just lettting you know Ive heard it happened and it killed the guy... It was a proper setup too.. Just bad luck i guess u can so.. So intead of going full air ride have you thought about maybe a coilover setup with an airshock?

·
i always catch you hatin'
606 Posts
not to thread jack but maybe we should have a sticky in here for bagged lifted trucks, actually maybe just in the lifted section

1 - 15 of 15 Posts