GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for you guys with lifted trucks. I'm looking to have a 4 1/2" lift installed on my 2500HD however down the road I may purchase a gooseneck trailer for hauling a 15,000 pound JLG. So before I blow a few wads of cash I have a few questions: PLEASE-NO SMART ASS COMMENTS. Go elsewhere or simply don't answer the thread if you don't know.
1. Can you tow a Gooseneck Trailer with a lifted truck?
2. If it's possible, what should I be looking out for if I purchase a Gooseneck?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Coming from a guy who had a 4” lifted 3500 , I wouldn’t lift it. The trailer will never tow as it should my gooseneck Never sat level. The beds are deeper on newer trucks even if you adjust the neck on the hitch if you go up a steep incline you will hit the bed rails. I’m not saying you can’t do but it’s no feasible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Coming from a guy who had a 4” lifted 3500 , I wouldn’t lift it. The trailer will never tow as it should my gooseneck Never sat level. The beds are deeper on newer trucks even if you adjust the neck on the hitch if you go up a steep incline you will hit the bed rails. I’m not saying you can’t do but it’s no feasible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great info and exactly what I thought but it's good to hear from people who have done it or tried. Thank you.

·
n. fil-dert.
7,014 Posts
PLEASE-NO SMART ASS COMMENTS. Go elsewhere or simply don't answer the thread if you don't know.
You’re not going to enjoy this forum if you are easily bothered by this kind of thing, and announcing it tends to make it worse.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I see guys around me with lifted trucks towing gooseneck trailers and they seems to sit ok. I think the newer construction trailers have a taller neck.

I have issues with a 2000’s gooseneck horse trailer on a stock height 2014 Ram 2500 4x4 being too tall. The horses end up riding uphill even with just a couple inches clearance at the tailgate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see guys around me with lifted trucks towing gooseneck trailers and they seems to sit ok. I think the newer construction trailers have a taller neck.

I have issues with a 2000’s gooseneck horse trailer on a stock height 2014 Ram 2500 4x4 being too tall. The horses end up riding uphill even with just a couple inches clearance at the tailgate.
I'll have to ask around to a few guys I know with Gooseneck trailers and see what they've seen or know too. Thanks for the input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts